2017 Advanced Driving Clinic, Presented by SPDA, Toyo Tires, and JRP
Date and Cost
Dates: April 29th and 30th
Location: Powerade Centre in Brampton, ON
: 30 Spots
: 50 Spots
Cost for the Clinic
- SPDA Driving Clinic both days = $130.00
- SPDA Driving Clinic Day 1 only = $80.00
- SPDA Driving Clinic Day 2 only = $60.00
Registration to this event will be open on Saturday April 1st
, 2017 at 1:00 PM SHARP, in person only.
It usually sells out in less than 30 minutes. Get there early to secure a place in line!!
Cash and PayPal
Johnston Research & Performance (JRP)
2344 S Sheridan Way
About SPDA Advanced Driving Clinic
SPDA continues its tradition of offering first class instruction with a focus on lots of "Hands On" training for a value price. This event is open to all cars with instruction provided by qualified instructors. In car instruction will provide the students with narrative, and positive reinforcement in how to properly negotiate the exercises. The 2 day event is intended to be informative and fun, with focus on "FUN".
Pre-Requisite: All drivers must be Legally Licensed in Canada with a valid driver’s licence.
Automobiles must belong to the driver, or must have a consent form from the owner to be used for this type of event.
Day 1 Agenda
Advanced Driver Training - Phase 1
9:00 – 3:30
The first day focuses on assisting the driver to get better acquainted with their cars. The exercises being instructed throughout the day will instill confidence in the student and teach the driver about how to exploit the limits of their cars in a safe controlled environment. Drivers will learn the limits of their daily driver through exercises specifically designed to get the driver and vehicle better acquainted with each other:
(Classroom) (30-45 min)
- General overview of principals that will be thought throughout the day
(In Car Instruction)
Day 2: Advanced Driver Training – Phase 2
- Seating Position
- Feet Position
- Hand Position
- Skidpads: Instruct the student to recognize “Understeer” and “Oversteer”
- Figure 8’s: Weight Transfer, Braking Points, Controlled Entry and Exit
- Threshold Braking, Braking with ABS
- Parallel Slaloms: Transitions
- Mock Autocross Course: Reward at the end of the day
(9:00 - 4:00)
Pre-Requisite for Day 2
: Drivers must have had the basic instruction similar to Day 1, must have participated in other autoslalom schools, or club series competitive autoslaloms.
Day 2 focuses on increasing the driver confidence through setup techniques. In addition to the lessons learned in Day 1, this day focuses on higher speed ingress and egress techniques. Day 2 focuses on putting to practice all the items learned on Day 1, and will teach the student to look farther ahead, and to plan their course.
Day 2 Agenda
Requirements for the clinic:
- Theory Discussion: Q&A about setup truths vs fiction
- Course Walk: Teaches the newcomer on how to read the layout of the track
- Tire Pressures: Effect of Tire Pressures on driving dynamics
- Trail Braking
- In Car Instruction: Instructors Provided if required
- Autocross Instruction the entire day
- Timing equipment will be on the premises but the event will not be formally timed
We have something special in store for you!
- Appropriate Clothing - this event occurs outdoors
- Umbrella (Rain or Shine)
- Closed Shoes - No Sandals or heels
- Food for Lunch - Lots of places to eat nearby
- Driver’s License
- Automobile Registration
- Positive Mental Attitude - Ready to have the best time of your life with your clothes on