Thread: Do Many SPDA Guys Ice Race?

Do Many SPDA Guys Ice Race?

Hi guys,

I decided to give ice racing a try with my old Mazda Protégé instead of getting rid of it. Joined the SPDA since I will be doing that and maybe some regional auto X next year. So just wondering if many of you will be up in Minden this winter?
    Simon

I did ice racing a few years ago, but not planning to this year. The 6 weekends in a row, including Valentine's day, are hard on the marriage. Plus there's usually two rallies during the season as well.

It was fun! Learned some odd things to rotate the car, like clutch drops (Subaru AWD) on corner exit. Those drifters are smart guys.

Stephen - I drive Blue Subarus of the rally and track varietals.

Yes that 6 weekends in a row almost changed my mind this year. But apparently not many people do the full season so I'm hoping to do 4 days this winter.
    Simon

I'd like to attend an event or two this year, just depends on timing. Looks like a pile of fun!

I'll be doing a few events this year. Im from the GTA as well. Possibly only the Sunday events as I dont have the budget and time to stay overnight.

I will probably be doing Sundays too. madspeed I saw your post on the CASC forums asking about stud installation in the Mississauga area. I'll be keeping an eye on the responses there as I'm in the area too.
    Last edited by 7plymaple; 12-15-2014 at 12:14 PM.
    Simon