PDA

View Full Version : Membership for 2007

STeveD
10-30-2006, 10:05 AM
Please note: Thank you to those who renewed their memberships early for the 2007 season, and saved $5. This makes things a lot easier for the whole executive of the club as well as offering you greater value. We're offering you the same wonderful membership, with new benefits, and the enjoyment of the banquet for an amazing $45 for the 2007 season. Thanks for joining us again this year!

Membership Renewal
Fall is here and winter's coming... the sound of snow crunching under tires at Slush 'n Slides, Winter Autoslaloms and Rallies will (hopefully!) soon be upon us! The muted boxer rumble echoing off the snow banks... I can't wait!!

We are now offering 2007 memberships at the astounding 2006 price of $40! Your 2006 membership carries you to the end of 2006, but to compete in those January CASC sanctioned events, and receive special club pricing with our sponsors, you'll need a 2007 membership.

If you're interested in competition, your SPDA membership will hold the ASN/FIA and RSO affiliations you will need for just about any type of sanctioned motorsport around here! And you can pretty much bet that there will be members already competing in those series when you get there. Tony at Targa, Peter and Luca in Road Racing, Ivano and Nuwan in Performance Rally, Fred, Maxine, Steve and Robin in Road Rally, Kyle, Walter and Paul in Solosprint, and more Subies than you can shake a broken axle at in Solo 2... you'll have club support no matter where you go in motorsport.

We're also planning a banquet in January at the end of the holiday season. So please join us for another great year of fun and challenge in Subarus! (Or whatever other choice of vehicle you choose to own. We may not understand your choice, but we're more than happy to have you with us! )

Membership Sign-Up and Renewal Link (http://spda-online.ca/modules/liaise/index.php?form_id=5)

Note: However you choose to pay, please make sure that you give us your current mailing address. Or you might notice that it's taking a while for your card to arrive... ;-)

Club Supporters
For 2007 SPDA continues onwards with our current supporters. Sponsors help with the expenditures of the club, and allow us to provide the members with contingencies for competing in sanctioned events.

Bully Clutch - Manufacturers of the absolute best clutches for Subaru's

Marino's Fine Cars - Toronto's premier dealership with service that's second to none.

Japan Auto Parts - USDM and CDM engines and drivetrains with warranties

Autocosmetic.com - The first and best "paintless dent removal" company

Sensory Overload - Takes care of cars, better than their owners.

Campaigns
For 2007, SPDA is once again pushing the "Grassroots Motorsports" arena by providing competitors with unique events to exercise the need to drive competitively.

SPDA will attempt to organize a unique driving skills challenge which will provide competitors with another avenue to exercise their skills. The exhibition "Time Attack Challenge Series" will be organized in 3 strategic locations. SPDA will work with CASC so that this exhibition event can be accepted as an alternative to full out Solosprint. Stay tuned for more information on this one.

SPDA Contingencies will continue as part of the 2007 campaigns. We will continue supporting CASC Autoslalom and Solosprint events by providing contingency prizes for placing favourably and by running under the SPDA banner.

RSO / CARS, for 2007, SPDA will move forward and be part of the RSO community. Members of SPDA will automatically be part of the RSO Family as well as the CASC family. More added value.

In addition, for members willing to provide SPDA coverage in "King of the Hill" challenges, we'll be including contingencies towards that discipline as well.

maxpie
10-31-2006, 10:34 AM
It's not clear to me that the link for existing membership renewal is working. All I get is a link to my name and email address. Is that all there is? What about a way to make payment, a place to send payment etc....? Just curious!

Maxine
:-D

tashko
10-31-2006, 11:14 AM
You need to PM SteveD if you will be mailing payment.

STeveD
10-31-2006, 05:25 PM
maxpie wrote:
It's not clear to me that the link for existing membership renewal is working. All I get is a link to my name and email address. Is that all there is? What about a way to make payment, a place to send payment etc....? Just curious!

Maxine
:-D

Maxine, it seems like you have a badly loaded page stuck in memory. Try deleting all of your temporary internet files (clear your cache) and then click that link above again. There's actually supposed to be a form all around your name and Email address.

You have the Paypal form on that page, which we prefer at the moment. If you need to send a cheque, please PM me for details.

maxpie
11-01-2006, 11:54 AM
STeveD wrote:

Maxine, it seems like you have a badly loaded page stuck in memory. Try deleting all of your temporary internet files (clear your cache) and then click that link above again. There's actually supposed to be a form all around your name and Email address.

You have the Paypal form on that page, which we prefer at the moment. If you need to send a cheque, please PM me for details.

I will try that from my home computer. I was trying to do this while at work and that might explain things. I do not do Paypal, call me old fashioned.... :-), so I would want to send a check.

Maxine

STeveD
11-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Thanks to everyone whose been signing up for their 2007 memberships! We're changing the graphics on the card a little, and I'll start sending them out afterwards.

If it's a new membership and you need a temporary membership ASAP, please PM me.

STeveD
12-14-2006, 05:38 PM
Thanks to everyone who has registered in advance for 2007! I'm sending out the first batch of 2007 cards for everyone on Friday.

If your mailing address changed since you paid in October, please let me know ASAP!

I'm mailing out the following ones:

Interiorman
Nocturn
Daniel
fuzzy
Tashko
looneycanuck
wrxnfect
Adlam
WRX_STI
madison
WSCC_Sue
Roger
AlexeiS

If I've missed you, please PM me.

If you haven't renewed yet (and I can't imagine why that would be) and you'd like to have your membership for Christmas, let your spouse know what you want and what the links are!! ;-)

If you'd like to pay by Paypal or Cheque: Here (http://spda-online.ca/modules/liaise/index.php?form_id=5)

If you'd like to pay for your first membership by Credit Card, you can do so through the CASC-OR site: Here. (http://www.casc.on.ca/addMember.php?selectedClubID=33)

If you'd like to renew your membership by Credit Card, please login on this page (http://www.casc.on.ca/welcome.php), then select "Membership Renewal".

Any way you choose to join or renew, please make sure that I have your current mailing address!! Else it may take a while for your card to get to you... ;-)

WSCC_Sue
12-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Thank you Steve, I got my new card in the mail yesterday. Funny thing is, I haven't renewed my WSCC membership yet, lol.

The insert describing the benefits of being an SPDA member with pictures and all is AWESOME.

I especially like the shot of the "tank" creaming a cone. :-D ;-)

Sue :-)

STeveD
12-24-2006, 10:47 AM
Good to hear that it got to the outskirts of civilization so quickly, Sue!

Ya know... that photo of Joe's car is the perfect example of why I tell the Lotus Elise guys who tape up the whole front of their car that they need to do the sides, too.

Printing the last four letters though, I notice that my fellow execs didn't correct my grammar error! Sheesh! :-?

In the mail on Dec 27th:

wrxR176
DouglasM
Nuwan
Maxpie

Note: There's drive-ex events coming up in January that offer a discount if you have a valid 2007 ASN or RSO affiliated membership.

Note #2: To provide the professional motorsports affiliations (ASN / FIA and CARS / RSO) that we will for 2007, we have to raise the membership fee to $45. A quick audit of our database shows that Solo 2 is the most popular discipline for our members, but the rally crowd is growing fast. It is SPDA's intention to participate in the Ontario SoloSprint Organizing committee as well in 2007 or 2008, so that our members will have a say in the organization of SoloSprint events.

We'll continue the $40 membership fee until the end of January before raising it to $45. This is still less than most other major GTA clubs, even with all of the unique benefits that SPDA offers.

See you again in the new year!

STeveD
03-30-2007, 09:07 AM
Hi Folks!

If you'd like to pay your membership renewal by cash or cheque at the Open House, please fill out this form in advance and select the "Cash" option:

Membership Renewal Application (http://spda-online.ca/modules/liaise/index.php?form_id=5)

This will hopefully give me a chance to print your cards up in advance so I don't have to typewrite and laminate cards on site!

Much appreciated!