PDA

View Full Version : SPDA AGM Recap

JoeT
02-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Sunday February 18, 2007
Location Arizona's Restaurant
Carlingview and Dixon

In attendance, approximatey 43 ish persons throughout the afternoon.

People rolled in around 2:45 ish, one of the earliest there was our very own Prez - Mr. 11/10's Tony Kloosterman accompanied by his sidekick son Ryan. No cast on Ryan and big smiles were the order of the evening.

3:45 Business portion of the meeting started with opening statements form Joe Trinidad, and introduced the 2 guest speakers for this evening.

Reports from the Committees:

Tony Kloosterman, President SPDA - Announced the new partnerships for 2007.

For the first time in Grassroots motorsports history, a major tire manufacturer is sponsoring an organization dedicated to motorsports.

Toyo Canada is providing to "All" members of SPDA R-Group 1 membership, which entitles all current member the ability to purchase the RA-1's at 40 percent off.

All current members will be emailed the terms of sponsorship, simple registration to Toyo's website will get the SPDA member:
Jackets
Hats
40 Percent Discount
And a place to record your accomplishments

Activities for 2007:
CASC-OR Autoslalom School
May 26, 27 Autoslalom Double Header in Picton
June 2&3 - Redline Time Attack Challenge
August - TMP SPDA Solosprint (Solo 1)
September - Toyo Time Attack Challenge

Ivano D, presented the financial statements for 2007 and reported on financial activities.

Nuwan D - Recapped the 2006 Rally Events which contained SPDA / NCSC members, and it was numerous.

Joe T - Reported on the history of SPDA, the mission, and the "Anti" Street Racing Campaigns.

Andrew R: Delivered the accomplishments for 2006, over 21 Trophies in various disciplines by SPDA Members.

Guest Speakers:
Mike from Innovativetuning.com gave an excellent presentation on "Myths and Misconceptions" of tuning. Very very informative discussions and open Q&A sessions which resulted in an extended session.

Herman from Cherry Turbo's, went over Turbocharger 101 and how it works, and shared some secrets on how to extract more power from the TD04, and announced the requirement for Guinea Pigs to help develop an offering specifically for Subaru applications.

Both of these high quality shops will be listed in our partner section.

Winners for the draws:

Cherry Turbos:
$250.00 Credit towards any turbo work:
Mike V
Roger Singh

Innovative Tuning;
$200.00 Gift Certificate to:
Tod (Sorry I forgot your last name)

New memberships accepted this evening, one of which "Won" the Innovative tuning gift certificate.

That's all for now, See everyone at the track, pictures to follow shortly, and additional recap items.

tashko
02-18-2007, 10:36 PM
A good meeting, and it was great to see everyone again. Awesome news on the Toyo deal!

Thanks. :pint:

JoeT
02-18-2007, 10:52 PM
To take advantage of your Toyo R-Group discounts, save the zip file to your computer, and the instructions are contained within.

These discounts are for members of the SPDA regardless fo region. Ottawa / NFLD / WPG, an your information will be forwarded to Toyo, and in the process of registration, your identity will be verified against the list we send, and you'll recieve your R-Group package.

Benefits to membership continues to expand:

Toyo Tires: R-Group Membership 40% off RA-1 Tires
Japanese Automotive - Discounts to SPDA Members
Marino's Subaru - Special Pricing on all new cars
Innovative Tuning - Details to be announced
Cherry Turbo's - Turbocharger Upgrades and rebuilds
Pro-Serve IT - For all your IT needs
Bully Clutch - The toughest, best custom clutches for Subaru's

A fantastic 2007 ahead.

Inn-Tune
02-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Thanks again for having me. It was a pleasure to meet more SPDA members. You have a great crew and I'm always exited to meet people who take their Subarus out and race.

Herman's turbo 101 talk was carried out very thoughtfully and I'm sure a lot of members learned a thing or two about turbos. Hopefully I shed some light on engine management tuning without putting anyone to sleep. I didn't realize how long I'd been talking until I started losing my voice.

Those who didn't attend also missed the excellent ummm....service.... at Arizona's :-D

I look forward to working with more of you in the future.

-Mike

Navigator
02-19-2007, 04:53 PM
Thanks to everyone for coming out last night. The tech talks were great and helped cure those common myths the internet seems to spread. 2007 will be a great year.

Nuwan
02-19-2007, 08:11 PM
Yeah, it was great seeing everyone and meeting some new faces as well. Wish I had more time to pick at Mike and Herman's wealth of knowledge a bit more. :-)

Definately looking forward to the rest of 2007, we've had an awesome start, let's keep the momentum!

Nuwan
02-20-2007, 07:08 PM
A few pics from the AGM

http://spda-online.ca/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/albun31/IMG_0961a.sized.jpg

http://spda-online.ca/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/albun31/IMG_0950a.sized.jpg

http://spda-online.ca/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/albun31/IMG_0955a.sized.jpg

http://spda-online.ca/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/albun31/IMG_0947a.sized.jpg

http://spda-online.ca/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/albun31/IMG_0945a.sized.jpg

link to the album (http://spda-online.ca/modules/xoopsgallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=albun31)

_Tod
03-27-2007, 02:44 PM
I was hoping to come to this and see everyone (it's been so long) but decided to go snowboarding instead as a favour to a friend... Big mistake, it's now over 6 weeks later and I'm starting to be able to stand a walk a little bit.

Turns out that trees don't like to move when you're speeding toward them and I managed to sprain my right ankle, break my left ankle (which now has 2 screws in it), sprain my left knee and dislocate my left shoulder. The shoulder is actually going to be the longest to heal because apparently I dislocated it out the back (I'm told by doctors and Physios that it doesn't "fit" that way...) I was also having some difficulty breathing and eating for the first few days because of pain in my sternum and jaw but that went away fairly quickly.

I was laid up in the hospital, pretty much immobile with only the use of my right arm for a few weeks. Home now though, feeling a bit better.

STeveD
03-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Ouch! Well, I hope you taught that tree a good lesson then about jumping out in front of people! I bet you took off a good scrape of bark from it, didn't ya? :-o

Dude, sorry to hear it. We were asking "Where's Tod?" at the HADA Karting event.... I guess that explains it. I can empathize... my friends used to pay my lift fees just to watch me ski.

... like the time I went across the gravel service road at the bottom of the hill on my ass at about 40km/h

... or the time my dismount from the lift landed me in the pine trees.

Take care Tod! I'm sincerely glad to see you involved in the planning of the TLMC Autoslaloms, though!

Navigator
03-27-2007, 11:04 PM
Tod you have had one hell of a year. I am glad you are doing alright. It has been a while since we have seen you, maybe you can make it out to the school or the Milton event. BTW trees are strong, they dont like to move unless you have a chainsaw ;-) .

_Tod
03-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Yeah, it's funny because when anyone in the Hospital heard it was from Snowboarding they're like "ohhh I understand" like it's this massively dangerous sport. Then I have to explain that I've been snowboarding for 20 years and been an instructor for 15... Just a brain fart, nothing to do with the tumour though (which is apparently ok so far)

I did have some pretty good bark burn on my chin from sliding down the tree since I hit it about 10' up.