PDA

View Full Version : SPDA Teams up with Toyo Canada

JoeT
02-25-2007, 10:13 PM
http://spda-online.ca/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/album05/toyo_ad_b_copy.jpg

News Flash!!

TOYO Canada and SPDA have formed a precedent building relationship.

Effective immediately all SPDA Full Members from All regions (Newfoundland, Ottawa, WPG, GTA) are entitled to R-Group 1 membership which allows individuals to receive 40% off of the fantastic Toyo RA-1 Tire.

The RA-1's have the unique advantage for the motorsports enthusiast and have proven their reliability and consistency over the long term. SPDA members have experienced consistency above the industry norm for racing applications. Unlike other R compound competition tires, RA-1's do not suffer from the typical storage, heat cycling, and reduced performance. Toyo RA-1's keep on getting stickier as they wear, and their optimal point is when there are only 2 stripes on the tires.

In addition, there is no better choice for rain applications. RA-1's have proven themselves over and over again, running full tread depth, they are "the" rain tire to beat.

SPDA is proud to be sponsored by Toyo and adds to the "Benefits of Membership" by being involved.

Currently, by being an SPDA member, you're entitled to:

Toyo Canada: 40% off (Through Tirecraft)
Bully Clutch: 20% off their full line of clutches
ProServe IT: Delivering your IT needs
Marino's Fine Cars: Exceptional Treatment and best prices on new cars
Innovative Tuning: Tuning and Excellent prices on Subaru / Mitsubishi parts
Cherry Turbo's: The best turbo custom fabricator in Canada

We're proud to be a part of CASC-OR, RSO, and CARS.

SPDA, your portal to motorsports.

JoeT
02-25-2007, 10:18 PM
If you are a full member,

Download this PDF for instructions. A list of members will be sent to Toyo Canada on a bi-monthly basis. If your name is not on this list, please PM use the Contact Us (http://spda-online.ca/modules/liaise/index.php?form_id=6) link, and let us know.

If you're not a full member but would like to be, Join now by clicking here. (http://spda-online.ca/modules/xdonations/)

Thank You

maxpie
02-26-2007, 08:12 AM
The teamtoyo.ca website link does not appear to work for me. Anybody got any advice.

Maxine

JoeT
02-26-2007, 08:16 AM
Try "Toyoracing.com", I think they made a mistake.

STeveD
02-26-2007, 09:46 AM
For 2007b and beyond, the R-Group program will be know as Team Toyo Racing.
We're rebranding R-Group as part of the Team Toyo image now due to our
involvement in drifting, off-road/rock climbing and show and shine events
(Team Toyo Drift, Team Toyo Off-Road, and Team Toyo Street respectively).

The new program will be launched in February with a new website
(www.teamtoyo.ca) to accompany it. On the new website will also be new
member bios, and a brand new forum layout, where each member of Team Toyo
regardless of which branch they represent will be able to interact.

My guess is that Toyo just isn't ready with the new site yet. So yeah, for now register at www.toyoracing.com and they'll likely be porting those memberships over.

DougPhillips
02-26-2007, 10:11 AM
STeveD wrote:

My guess is that Toyo just isn't ready with the new site yet. So yeah, for now register at www.toyoracing.com and they'll likely be porting those memberships over.

That's it. Anyone on the old site will be moved over to the new site when it is ready.

maxpie
02-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Thanks as always. I will try that.

Maxine

tashko
02-28-2007, 07:24 PM
I just finished sending my info.

FYI:

- The website is www.toyoracing.com and will be moved to the new site mid-March.
- Fax your waiver to the 1-888-297-8696 number that appears on the top of the waiver form, NOT the number on the website (604-xxx-xxxx).

03-01-2007, 06:00 PM
the guy at tire craft didn't give me any discount actually he was more expensive! thought we were supposed to get a discount with this guy?

tashko
03-01-2007, 06:06 PM
AFAIK, the process is:

- become a paid SPDA member
- register with Team Toyo via www.toyoracing.com (and indicate you are an SPDA member on the application)
- send in your signed waiver form
- wait patiently for them to send you your discount card
- take your discount card with you to Tirecraft and place your order with your entitled discount.
- don't forget the discount is off of the list price.

:-De.g.
List price on 245/45R16 RA1 is $365.00
less 40% discount: $219.00

JoeT
03-01-2007, 06:09 PM
sti550hp wrote:
the guy at tire craft didn't give me any discount actually he was more expensive! thought we were supposed to get a discount with this guy?

Hi Tom,

You have to register in the Toyoracing.com site, and I need to send your information to Toyo to confirm you are a member.

From then, you'll need to wait around 2 weeks, Toyo will send you a package which contains your membership card.

Take that R-Group 1 card to any of the registered dealers in the "Team Toyo Racing" site, and get your 40% off.

Hope this helps.

03-01-2007, 07:07 PM
i told him that i was part of the group and he said that he applied the 40% off on the price he quoted me? Does that make sense? think i'm going with advan AO48 as they look great.

tom

JoeT
03-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Without the card, he can not quote you the 40% as they will not have the autorization to do so.

They usually get an advanced list from Toyo, one that we supply. So the max they will quote is 25% witout the card.

A048's are ok, not great, but OK.

JoeT
03-01-2007, 10:32 PM
Hi All,

I've sent in the first membership list to Toyo Canada. All paid members to date are on that list, Only full names and email addresses have been sent.

Please take the time to register on the www.toyoracing.com web site so that they can send you your Group 1 package.

Thank You

STeveD
05-01-2007, 08:43 AM
Hi Folks!

I've heard that some are still waiting for their Toyo R-Group 1 packages. If it's been over three weeks, can you please PM me approximately when you applied, if you received an Email from them, and when you need your tires by. Thanks!

Stephen

SPEC_V
05-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Di need to sign up ?

STeveD
05-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Good idea if you may buy RA-1's this year. It's taking them a few weeks to process applications. And I would sign up fast... it may get much busier in their office with summer coming.

SPEC_V
05-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Thanks

SPEC_V
05-01-2007, 11:25 AM
Hey Steve,

since I just received my SPDA members car over the weekend.

Could you update Toyo with my membership renewal
I will sign up to teamtoyo.ca tonight

thanks

WannaBeRacer
05-02-2007, 10:42 AM
I've recieved my Toyo membership card but the paperwork say's I'm Code 4 not Code 1. I've also recieved my SPDA card as well. Why am I not considered a code 1?

JoeT
05-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Same answer as in CASC forums.

We send them a list on a weekly basis, Toyo is behind in processing their registrations.

Give us your full name and we'll ask Toyo to upgrade you to Group 1. Your board name gives us no clue.

Thank you

STeveD
05-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Rene: You're on the list. No worries.

Eric: You're on the list that we sent to Toyo. Assuming that you put in SPDA as your club / organization, you should have received Code 1 like the rest. Honest, it's not a conspiracy. Please contact James at the Email or Phone # on your welcome letter to correct it.

BTW EVERYONE: You can now access the program through the following website:

WWW.TEAMTOYO.CA

However, it appears that the full database of existing members hasn't been ported over yet. So use the contact info in your welcome letter if it's anything urgent.

WannaBeRacer
05-02-2007, 11:34 AM
WOW you guys are fast. Sorry about the double post just wasn't sure if I could remember my SPDA log in. I will call Toyo and let them know.

dubya_rx
05-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Where do we find the list price for RA-1's?

-Walter

JoeT
05-02-2007, 01:07 PM
I used the search button and entered "Toyo Prices" and it came up with these 2 links.

List prices:
http://spda-online.ca/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3003&forum=17&post_id=23822#forumpost23822

Price comparisons:
http://spda-online.ca/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2989&forum=17

Hope this helps.

WannaBeRacer
05-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Did you get my PM on Casc? Thanks for all of your effort's toward this.

WannaBeRacer
05-03-2007, 06:00 PM
James has gotten back to me. Everything is fine