PDA

View Full Version : Talon Tire & SPDA form a strong team!!!

JoeT
03-29-2007, 09:46 AM
http://spda-online.ca/uploads/forums/55_4609d42c21e63.jpg

Talon Tire has joined the ranks of Motorsports Supporters by partnering with SPDA. Talon Tire has provided incentives to SPDA members the ranks no one has seen in Grassroots Motorsports.

SPDA is a member of CASC, RSO, and ASN Canada, supporting "Taking it off the Streets". This year’s contingencies extend to all SPDA members that register with the following:

If you compete in:

CASC "Provincial" Autoslalom Championship Series
CASC Solosprint Championship Series
RSO Rallies (Series)
Targa Newfoundland

If you register for the above competitions, Talon Tire and SPDA will provide you with up to 100 dollars in gift certificates which can be used to purchase your Toyo RA-1's (Already 40% off) or any other competition tire. If you already have R compounds or need other tires, use the gift certificate to purchase street or winter tires.

Contingencies:
Register for any of the above events and we'll give you $50.00 dollars (gift certificate) up front. At the end of the year we'll give you another $50.00 (gift certificate) for completing the series.

Talon Tire will awarded monetary contingencies to SPDA members from Ottawa / Toronto / NFLD / WPG that compete in these sanctioned events based on where you place in the series.

Distribution of the contingencies will be announced shortly.

In addition to the contingencies, when purchasing tires from Talon Tire, experience another 2 to 3 percent discount.

Gift certificates are valid on RA-1's or any tires from their website, except for tires already on special or clearance.

Take advantage of the hospitality rewards from the Talon Tire and SPDA Relationship, visit www.talontire.com and enjoy your tire buying experience.

In order to complete and be eligible for the above contingencies you will have you run the Talon Tire graphic on your car at all events.

Each Full SPDA member can only claim contingencies in one series. For Rally both drivers and navigators are eligable, if they are paired up for the season.

Competing in a series entails attending 80% or more of the series. No more then $100.00 in certificates can be reimbursed per purchase of 4 tires. If you have any questions regarding eligibility please contact any SPDA Exec.

DougPhillips
03-29-2007, 10:10 AM
I ordered my RA1s earlier this week from Talon. Howard was great to work with, I was able to use the certificate I received at last years Nationals.

Although I was told that there were tires in Toronto to ship immediately after ordering Howard advised that Toyo said that there were none in Toronto. No worries, he had already expedited a set from Vancouver to arrive here next week.

Thanks Howard, Talon Tire, Toyo and SPDA.

DouglasM
03-30-2007, 03:23 PM
I just got off the phone with John at Talon. He was taken aback when he got the discount details, but is happy to sell me the RA-1s I want.

I was thinking of picking them up in a couple of weeks before/after the TRAC school and lapping day weekend April 14/15, but I will already have a set of tires and rims in the car, so no room.

He quoted shipping of $32 to the Toronto area, and no QST. This is a great deal, folks.

nitrowsb
03-30-2007, 06:31 PM
So it's $100 off a set of any R-compound tires listed on their website for running with their decals and another possible $100 for completing a series?

JoeT
03-30-2007, 06:43 PM
No,

It's 50 dollars for registering in the Provincial series, in either Solosprints or Autoslalom, and 50 dollars at the end of the year when you complete them.

Also, you'll become eligable for the 500.00 prize from Talon Tire.

Robin
03-30-2007, 08:53 PM
Yup... us Ottawa group mainly dealt with Talontire and I've always had excellent service from Howard at Talontire.

STeveD
10-25-2007, 05:39 PM
I had the same question as Allen, and here was Howard's response:

"Hello Allen,

In response to your request for an extension of the expiry date on SPDA/Talon coupons, please note that Talon Tire uses a DAY/MONTH/YEAR format, which means your certificate expires April 1, 2008 and not January the 4th.

Sorry for the confusion."

So... your SPDA Talon Tire Coupons are good until APRIL 1st 2008.

If you participated in Ontario Regional, WCMA or MCO Autoslalom, you can also apply for Talon event contingencies as per this explanation:

TALON TIRE CONTINGENCY PROGRAM : for M.C.O.
Solo II events in 2007.

Per event:
1st $18
2nd 10
3rd 7
4th 5

Minimum of 10 cars per class.

In order to claim a gift certificate please send us the following at the end of the season:
• Two pictures of your car clearly showing the Talon Tire decals.
• 1 copy of your tire invoice from Talon.
• W.C.M.A. or A.S.A.'s official year-end results, highlighting your placing. Please include a note summarizing the dollar amount for which you consider yourself eligible.

*Talon Tire Gift Certificates can be applied to the purchase of any four summer, all-season, or winter tires.

If you have any questions, need decals, gift certificates, or tires, please contact Howard or John at:

Talon Tire,
2607 Diab,
St. Laurent, (Québec),
H4S 1E7,(514)
337-0833, FAX (514) 337-8857.

TALON TIRE CONTINGENCY PROGRAM:
for W.C.M.A., A.S.A. Solo II events in 2007.

Per event:
1st $10
2nd 7
3rd 5

A minimum of 4 cars in per class.

In order to claim a gift certificate please send us the following at the end of the season:
• W.C.M.A. or A.S.A.'s official year-end results, highlighting your placing. Please include a note summarizing the dollar amount for which you consider yourself eligible.

Event gift certificates are not cumulative:
E.g., a class winner who is also FTD receives a $10 gift certificate, not two $10 certificates:
A 2nd place novice who was also 3rd in class receives $7, not $12.

* Talon Tire Gift Certificates that can be applied to the purchase of any four summer, all-season, or winter tires.

If you have any questions, or need decals, gift certificates, or tires, please contact Howard or John at:
Talon Tire, 2607 Diab, St. Laurent, (Québec), H4S 1E7,
(514) 337-0833, FAX (514) 337-8857.

TALON TIRE CONTINGENCY PROGRAM:
for S.P.D.A. Solo II events in 2007.

Per event:
1st $10
2nd 7
3rd 5

Minimum of 4 cars in class.

Event gift certificates are not cumulative;
e.g., a class winner who is also FTD receives a $10 gift certificate, not two $10 certificates;
A 2nd place novice who was also 3rd in class receives $7, not $12.

* Talon Tire Gift Certificates that can be applied to the purchase of any four summer, all-season, or winter tires.

If you have any questions, or need decals, gift certificates, or tires, please contact Howard or John at:
Talon Tire, 2607 Diab, St. Laurent, (Québec), H4S 1E7,
(514) 337-0833, FAX (514) 337-8857.