PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: KCA313 Whiteline Roll Center Kit Users "WARNING"

JoeT
12-14-2007, 08:55 PM
Attention SPDA Members using the KCA313 Whiteline Roll Center relocation kits.

Please inspect the free play on the balljoints or tie rod ends. A few Motorsports competitors have noticed accelerated wear which may lead to failure. At this point in time, there have been no catastrophic failures.

Symptoms: Increased play on the lower ball joints.
How to check: With the wheels off the ground using a hoist, grab the top of the tire (12:00 position) and the bottom of the tire (6:00 position) and apply pressure alternatively top and bottom rocking the tire applying side loads.

While rocking the wheel, observe if there's any clicking or feeling of looseness. If looseness or freeplay is felt, have an assistant continue rocking the tire and inspect the balljoint closely. You should be able to visibly see movement in the balljoint.

To inspect the tie rod end, similar to the ball joint test, grab the tire on the 3:00 and 6:00 position and apply pressure alternatively, rocking the tire. Check for freeplay or looseness. If looseness is felt, inspect closely the tie rod end and have an assistant rock the tire. Like the balljoint, if there's any freeplay, it should be minutely visible.

Note: There should be no freeplay at all, if any is felt, replace these items and PM either JoeT or SteveD with the following information:

1) Where the unit was purchased
2) Date when purchased
3) Approximate date when unit was installed
4) How many events, and what type of event
5) What car you have, and the model

We're collecting information to send to Whiteline with regards to this product. No names will be forwarded to Whiteline.

Thank You

4WDMIG
02-05-2008, 09:50 AM
How many reports of issues with this kit so far? I will check mine as soon as I get home Friday

4WDMIG
02-19-2008, 03:51 AM
Everything looks solid on mine. Gave it a through inspection this weekend. We are talking about 10K street and 1 track day

4WDMIG
03-28-2008, 08:40 PM
POST EDITED
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Akshay, There is no need to cross post, and untill you are sure that the kit is actually the culprit no point posting in this thread. No need to create drama.

Ivano
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4WDMIG
12-16-2008, 07:56 PM
Just wanted everyone to know after some more work the 3rd? version of these r out I got a bunch in today and they listened, rubber boots r beefier and the ball joint dimensions were altered for tighter fit.

Tie rod end rubber boot is also revised in design

All in all looks much better than the last 3 sets I have had and I am able to say I have faith in this latest one.

Global Performance just got a shipment so Chris @ Touge should be able to get it from them since he is listed on the site as a authorised vendor :)