PDA

View Full Version : Toyo & SPDA Continue to Forge Ahead for 2008

JoeT
01-24-2008, 01:19 PM
Toyo Canada and the SPDA has continued it's alliance for 2008. This year support grows even further. Stay tuned for more details, but there are big rewards for people running Toyo Products in:

Autoslalom or Solosprints.

For all Full SPDA members that use "Canadian Toyo products, campaigns are in the works to reward your loyalty.

Tire giveaways
Hats
Jackets
Contingency $$$
Code - 1 pricing
and much much more.

More details to follow. But the bottom line is, you must be using Canadian Toyo Products at the targeted events.

Toyo Canada will be marking all tires at the port with a special inisgnia, SPDA officials will be monitoring the tires to ensure that the tires qualify for the contingency. If you are purchasing tires from an R-Group dealer, please inform them that you'll only accept the tires that have the "Canadian Insignia" on them.

It's going to be a fantastic year!!

Steve
01-24-2008, 05:54 PM
Excellent news - great job Joe and crew!

For those of us running used canadian toyos bought at Talon in previous years, is that fine?

Since they are older, they will be unmarked.

JoeT
01-24-2008, 06:00 PM
Yes, old RA-1's from Talon will be fine for this year. For 2009, they will require the Canadian logo.

More importantly, R888's since they are all going to be brand new for Canada, anyone not running "Canadian" branded tires will not qualify for the contingency.

paulneartarga
01-25-2008, 09:37 AM
So is Talon Tire a R-group dealer?

Is there anything in the works for running a Canadian Toyo product at Targa?

Robin
01-25-2008, 10:47 AM
yup.... talontire is a R-group dealer. Talk to Howard or John... that's only place where I've bought my race tires in the past 4-5 years.

Great service.

paulneartarga
01-25-2008, 10:52 AM
Perfect,bought my Autoslalom tires from John last year.

Steve
01-25-2008, 01:04 PM
I have bought all my new tires from Howard - that is pretty much the best service I've ever got in this industry (tied of course with Mike at NoLimits). 8-)

JoeT
01-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Hi All,

We're going to be receiving the pricing for the New R888's and RA-1's within the next 2 weeks. Please refrain from purchasing your new race rubber until we finalize pricing.

Following the announcement of the prices, we'll be taking names and submitting a list to Howard of Talon Tire.

Remember, to be eligable for SPDA contingencies, you must run "Canadian" Toyo products. The tires will come stamped with an insignia, when ordering from another source, please ensure that the tires are from the Canadian warehouse.

Thank you

Sir-knight
01-29-2008, 02:32 PM
will those of us who didn't register with toyo last year need to do so this year, or will everyone need to do it again regardless?

paulneartarga
01-29-2008, 03:07 PM
JoeT wrote:
Hi All,

We're going to be receiving the pricing for the New R888's and RA-1's within the next 2 weeks. Please refrain from purchasing your new race rubber until we finalize pricing.

Following the announcement of the prices, we'll be taking names and submitting a list to Howard of Talon Tire.

Remember, to be eligable for SPDA contingencies, you must run "Canadian" Toyo products. The tires will come stamped with an insignia, when ordering from another source, please ensure that the tires are from the Canadian warehouse.

Thank you

Don't forget the new,little people,way...way out east..
Anything in the works for us :-D

JoeT
01-29-2008, 03:25 PM
Hi Paul,

The way we're structuring the contingencies this year, it'll be fair for everyone, regardless of which part of Canada you're in.

SirNight,

New processes will be posted as soon as the new site ( toyoracing.ca ) is completed. Yes, everyone will have to Re-Register for 2008.

Thanks all.