PDA

View Full Version : SPDA AGM, Save the date!! March 30th 2008

JoeT
03-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Reserve the date!!! Yes, it’s AGM !!!

Date: March 30th 2008
Time: 1:00 - 4:00 PM

Come see the freinds you've missed all winter!!

It’s that time of year to celebrate the season opening. This years celebration brings forward announcements of support from new and old sponsors. Also this time we have an election for open positions within SPDA.

If you know of anyone that can and is willing to fill in the positions, please post them in our forum on SPDA. If you’re interested in a rewarding engagement fulfilling one of the positions, rest assured, there’s mentoring involved, and no one is left alone to do their tasks. It’s rewarding, and the rewards show themselves each time you’re out competing with your fellow members, and you see the look of achievements in their faces.

Time required is surprisingly low, please consider joining the SPDA executive team.

Positions available are:

Vice President
Social Director
SoloII Director
Rally Director

Agenda:
Elections for new executive
Reports from the committees
President’s report
Vice President’s report
Treasurer Report
Registrar Report
Autoslalom
Rally
Solosprint

Voting will take place on the AGM date, should there be vacant positions, the Execs will work to appoint individuals in the open spots.

During the AGM, you'll also hear about how SPDA is continuing to work hard in making grassroots motorsports more exciting for the individual.

You've already known about the fantastic discounts with Toyo Tires, we're taking on new sponsors and providing new campaigns to increase the fun factor for the entire SPDA community.

Please attend the AGM and post your RSVP here along with your nominations.

Please post nominations in this thread for the above positions.

New Stuff:
SPDA Race Suits: Meets CASC-OR Approval for use as Solosprint Suits. Come see it in person. The execs are considering providing these suits as additional "Benefits" to membership. Details TBD.

http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v199/9/77/650635999/n650635999_1048998_1639.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v217/9/77/650635999/n650635999_1049003_5454.jpg

JoeT
03-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Ok,

Added the time.. Sorry, I forgot. See original post.

Thank You

JoeT
03-17-2008, 10:59 AM
Current Nominations:
Vice Prez: Steve Deneka
Social Director: Tasko Sarakinov
SoloII Director: Andrew Ross
Rally Director: Nuwan D

tashko
03-17-2008, 12:46 PM
Since we will be at Formula Kartways it only makes sense to do some karting! :-)

We will have 5 lap coupons for attendees to use after the meeting to try out the new track layout.
Formula Kartways is waiving the membership requirement for those that attend so the laps are indeed FREE. :-D

nissannx
03-21-2008, 06:17 AM
I will be unable to attend. Do you have a proxy system?

tanney
03-21-2008, 07:18 AM
I am curious Joe.... you say those driver suits
Meets CASC-OR Approval for use as Solosprint Suits.. Do they also meet Race standards?

Just curious....

JoeT
03-21-2008, 08:18 AM
CASC Solosprint requires 100 percent natural fibres. Wool or Cotton recommended. Solosprint suits do not meet FIA fireproof specs for Race. I'm actually getting prices for the "Race" FIA / SFI approved suits as we speak. Hopefully by next week I'll have an answer.

Loopy
03-21-2008, 10:15 AM
I'll be there!

QckSlvr
03-26-2008, 09:58 PM
I'll be there too.

Rajesh
03-27-2008, 10:55 AM
will be there

Nuwan
03-27-2008, 12:41 PM
Count me in :-D

TrevorH
03-27-2008, 12:49 PM
I'll be there.

nitrowsb
03-27-2008, 09:31 PM
We'll be there as well!

Guillermo
03-27-2008, 10:27 PM
I'll be there!

Opal
03-27-2008, 11:37 PM
I should be there (90% sure).

tashko
03-29-2008, 04:59 PM
...and leave some space in your stomach for the great sandwhiches we will have plenty of! mmm, sandwhiches!

Maurizio
03-29-2008, 07:56 PM
mmm... I hear Tashko will be making each and every one himself.

STeveD
03-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Hi Folks,

I’m afraid that work is going to prevent me from attending this year’s AGM, but I’ve regretfully found that work is a necessary evil to keep the Scooby shod in tires and brake pads. Being absent from the AGM, I thought I would be remiss to not introduce myself to those who don’t know me. So I just wanted to say a couple of things about why I’m asking to be Vice President of the SPDA. Even if it seems that I’m running uncontested… :-)

The passion for Speed and Control of a vehicle has been with me since I got my learner’s permit. Thankfully, I never lost that permit. Years later In 2003 I was hesitant to join the SPDA when I’d had my Subaru for 6 months already because the charter made the SPDA sound a little hardcore for me. I’d been to one track day, and I wanted to go faster, but I could never see myself taking my car to an Autoslalom or doing any modifications other than stereo and MAYBE some gauges. What can I say? That’s the kind of foresight that HASN’T made me rich enough to retire from my investments. :-o

Four and a half years later I find myself volunteering with the club an awful lot, with a car that many wouldn’t consider streetable, constantly maintaining my balance on the edge of divorce in order to spend just one more day lapping or instructing at the track. Cone Rash is northing worse than a suntan to me. Those little plastic bits under the front bumper that got knocked off by cones in 2004? Unnecessary dead weight. Stone chips from going a little sidewise down a gravel road? That’s why they make touch-up paint, isn’t it?

The SPDA’s welcoming members make it so easy to get as involved as you want to in sanctioned motorsports, and I want to see that keep going. I think that we have a fantastic team of volunteers and it’s a pleasure to work with them. As before, my priorities as VP would continue to be what they were as Membership Registrar and SoloSprint Director:

1. Welcome people to the SPDA community.
2. Help the members try sanctioned motorsports.
3. Keep the sanctioned motorsports that we do accessible.
4. Provide value to the members through membership.
5. Support our sponsors that help make the SPDA the value that it is.

So that’s my obsession in a nutshell. Hopefully I’ll get to continue doing that as VP.

P.S.: Uhmm, someone send me an Email to let me know I’m elected, eh?

RyanB
03-29-2008, 11:13 PM
Sounds like my wife is letting my go tomorrow so see you all there.

AndrewR
03-30-2008, 09:34 AM
See you all there!!

AndrewR
03-30-2008, 10:27 AM
I'm Bringing Girl Guide Cookies!! $4 per box.

These are the classic ones, no fancy peppermints here!

Nuwan
03-30-2008, 10:19 PM
A couple of shots from the AGM, thanks to all that attended.

http://spda-online.ca/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/albuo28/March_28_088.sized.jpg

http://spda-online.ca/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/albuo28/March_28_089.sized.jpg

I should have bought more cookies Andrew :-P

Navigator
03-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Yea one box is already done here. :-o So much for a light weight driver.