PDA

View Full Version : Skidplate

valheru
04-27-2009, 08:12 PM
A growing amount of Subaru owners have been showing interests and asking questions about skidplates lately so here we go.

Is your OEM plastic splash guard falling apart from too much fun in the snow or from a harder than expected snowbank?
Are you planning on doing rallycross, going hunting/fishing with your car?
Do you feel the need to protect your car's vitals for peace of mind?
If so, then you need better underbody protection.

Choose from two skidplate thickness; the 1/8" version is for light duty/snow and the 3/16" is a heavy duty/rallycross version.

Specifications:

-Frame rail to frame rail protection all the way back to the engine cross-member.
-Made of aircraft grade aluminium for durability and strength.
-All necessary installation hardware included.
-Anti-rattle system.
-Direct bolt-on.
-Light weight; the 1/8" is 12 lbs and the 3/16" is 17 lbs.
-The front jack plate can still be used.

Options:

-Add an access hole to do the oil changes without removing the skidplate for an extra 30$.
-For all cars with after-market headers regardless of the year or model, add 40$ for the fabrication of spacers.
-Custom applications, needs and wants are also available (ex: longer protection, 1/4" thk super HD, bolt head protection, etc.), pm me for more information and pricing.

To all interested, note that I require a deposit equivalent to 50% of the final price before I start any sort of fabrication, this is to cover the cost of the material required. Also, the deposit is NOT reimbursable if the material has already been purchased.

Feel free to PM me for any questions about the skidplates, other Subaru models or custom fabrication, I will try to answer ASAP.

Denis. 8)

For all orders of 5 skidplates total or more, a rebate of 60$/skidplate will be applied.

Here are some pictures, including one of the access hole option:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/DenisFraser/Skid%20plate/Skidplate_Composite.jpg

2.5RS

1998-2001 Impreza 2.5RS All models
Coming soon!

2002-2007 Impreza 2.5RS All models

1/8" thk: 200$
3/16" thk: 300$

2008+ Impreza 2.5RS All models
Nothing planned for now, sorry!

WRX

2002-2007 WRX All models

1/8" thk: 200$
3/16" thk: 300$

2008+ WRX

STI

2002-2007 STI All models
I need a car to measure and test fit a skidplate first!
Please contact me to be a guinea pig. 8)

2008+ STI

Legacy/Outback

1995-1999 All models
Coming soon!

zonca
05-14-2009, 03:53 PM
I want!

PM me please.