PDA

View Full Version : New SPDA member does us proud!

nissannx
05-25-2009, 06:38 AM
I'm very biased here, as I have been and continue to be impressed with Katie's driving. At SoloSprint #1 and #2 at the DDT she placed 4th and 3rd respectively, just behind dad who had 3rd and 2nd. (The dad part reveals the bias). The young lady is helping me drive the tires off of our 17 year old Nissan NX1600 and we were both driving in some very fast run groups. Watch her!

JoeT
05-25-2009, 08:10 AM
Wow!! Not bad for her first outing... How many competitors in the class?

Navigator
05-25-2009, 09:30 AM
After seeing her drive all weekend, Frank has had to step up his game. I am certain she will be faster then Frank at least once this year; Its going to be fun to watch.

nissannx
05-25-2009, 12:36 PM
JoeT wrote:
Wow!! Not bad for her first outing... How many competitors in the class?

There were at least six in class, more impressive was that she was moved from the absolute end of the starting grid to close to the middle. It'll be great to see the full results (no pressure intended upon any club member).

And Ivano's right. It's just a matter of time until the father/daughter order is reversed!

I also have to say that Saalmaan was amazing. I believe he's also a new SPDA member and he bested me both days in his Mustang. Well Done!

STeveD
05-25-2009, 03:49 PM
It was great to clerk those two days. On the Sunday, I was looking at the bottom of her group and I thought, "Did Katie drop out...?" Nope!! There she was up in the top half!! I had to throw her a yellow because she caught someone.

BTW, remind Katie to look out for black flags on the right hand at station four. (Portable.) But she had a great weekend! Watching the three ladies duke it out on Saturday was great too!

wrxR176
05-25-2009, 09:42 PM
Ok someone has to mention that Katie and Frank beat John P in T1 class. That is an accomplishment in itself. I was so happy that I got the opportunity to instruct Katie and Rajesh on Sunday and saw their times drop after that instruction. It really made my whole weekend that I could help out fellow members.
Stayed tuned for the Solosprint Event 1&2 report,

Great Job Guys and Gal
Paul

oldguy
05-26-2009, 08:47 AM
Nicely done, Katie and Frank.

First weekend for both, on a new tire and new
compound, new seats, new etc etc...

Not to mention a 'suspect' alignment.

~~~

Imagine how quick you guys will get after you
get used to all those changes !

nissannx
05-26-2009, 12:31 PM
oldguy wrote:
Nicely done, Katie and Frank.

First weekend for both, on a new tire and new
compound, new seats, new etc etc...

Not to mention a 'suspect' alignment.

~~~

Imagine how quick you guys will get after you
get used to all those changes !

Thanks Rob. I also have to move Katie closer to the pedals/wheel - she's having to stretch! And yes, we did have a few mechanical challenges. The alignment was awesome - it was my hack adjustments that were suspect. Saturday morning we had an awful clunk in the rear. A sway bar bolt had dropped out. The guys at Associate Racing loaned us a Honda bolt/nut that kept us going. On Sunday Rajesh told me that they'd noticed a wheel hop while Katie was driving. I checked the lugs and one was loose - went out for my run. Shudder at first brake, then everything fine so I poured on the gas. Braking at the checker the same shudder. Up on jack between my two runs and the driver side front wheel wobbled like it wasn't attached to anything. Seriously. Another bolt was the problem. I jammed it back to where I thought the alignment was - not as technical as what Scott does - and tightened it down hard and it worked and we both went out and drove well. And Scott just set it back up properly so we're ready for Shannonville.

nissannx
06-05-2009, 06:13 AM
http://www.vimeo.com/5010416

Video from Saturday.