PDA

View Full Version : EJ25 Engine for '99 Legacy

warrior
06-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Hi,

I got my HG replaced at 170,000km and now at 240,000km, it decided to blow again. I'm thinking the short block isn't true anymore so I'm looking for a replacement engine.

I was told to come here because a lot of people do swaps and have the EJ25 NA motor as a paper weight! I'd love to purchase that paperweight!!

Or, if anyone can point me in the right direction to a reputable JDM engine shop.. I have two USDM heads that will be reconditioned.. just looking for a short block with low kms.

Thanks,
JD

Navigator
06-02-2009, 01:05 AM
Your about 2 weeks late as I just saw one end up in the scrap yard. You can also try some of the wreckers and see what they have.

warrior
06-02-2009, 08:49 AM
Boo.. would you know of any JDM place that sells engines? Preferably one that is honest..

I don't know if I'd want a USDM engine from a wreckers.. will probably have a lot of mileage on it; that's why I'm opting for a JDM since it's most likely they'll have lower mileage.

JoeT
06-02-2009, 09:26 AM
www.japanautoparts.com not the cheapest but it comes with a limited warranty, plus they'll most likely have it in stock.