PDA

View Full Version : Mosport Big Track School - Agincourt Autohaus Grand Prix July 4 - 5 2009

STeveD
06-10-2009, 05:23 PM
http://www.grindstonemotorsports.com/Solosprint/MIR2009.jpg

SPDA is pleased to announce the

AGINCOURT AUTOHAUS GRAND PRIX SOLOSPRINT WEEKEND

Maximum student registration for Saturday: 50 students (we're already at 29!)
Registration closes June 26th or earlier if sold out! NO WALK-INS FOR THE SCHOOL!

$325 for the school only
$425 for the weekend (School + Event)

July 4th: 07:30am for tech, registration, driver's meeting.
12:00 - 13:00 Lunch (Cafeteria will be open)
17:00 Track is closed.

Alligator lapping at noon (let your spouse do a few laps around Mosport!) Instructional track walk / cruise on Saturday night at 5:15pm!
Student and volunteer dinner on Saturday night!
Open for camping Friday until Sunday!

Event #5 of the 2009 Mobil 1 SoloSprint Championship on Sunday... It's you against the clock... and the best in Ontario! Walk-ins for event only: $160

Watch these forums for the Supp Regs the week before the event: http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11

With current registration numbers, our plan is to run two student run groups which means that means that you should have over two hours of track time, plus classroom instruction. You will have one instructor for the school day.

STeveD
07-05-2009, 09:33 PM
I just want to thank all of our club members who came out to help this weekend. It makes a HUGE difference, believe me. For some moments we probably had too many, and for most it was just right in my opinion!

Thank you again!

Lloyd
07-06-2009, 08:08 AM
It was a really nice event for a first timer at the big track like me. So thanks for being a diligent forum spammer and letting some of us random people know about the event.

I wish I could have come back on Sunday (since I paid for it and all :P) but the car broke....

nissannx
07-06-2009, 08:23 AM
Stephen,
Thank you for hosting and organizing the weekend. I enjoyed the opportunity to coach, as always, and loved the competition. I did need more sessions to allow me to get closer to Salmaan. There will not be an excuse like that in August!
Frank
WooHoo - 111.041 in the 2.49 mile!

AndrewR
07-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Many thanks Stephen and crew for putting on such an awesome event. And thanks to old guy for boosting my confidence after an interesting first day.

Lots of stuff for my old brain to take in, and be ready for next time.

Looking forward to Mosport again!

Thanks!

STeveD
07-06-2009, 08:52 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Lloyd! At least you gave it a good work out!! Hopefully it's not TOO broken? ($$$)

Unofficial results:

Navigator
07-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Steve did an excellent job once again. Thanks for working your ass off and having the weekend go so well. I am still exhausted.

Lloyd
07-06-2009, 10:17 AM
I think it's my alternator, swapping in a spare today and seeing what happens. I could have tried to come back for Sunday but I didn't get home until 1:30am, limping the car home with a friend boosting it every 10 minutes. No way could I swap an alt, sleep for a few hours and come back after a day like Sat.

Anyway, not too broken...I'm lucky that I got the full day in, because in retrospect the alt was going throughout the day, if that was in fact the problem.

tanney
07-06-2009, 10:35 AM
Great job Stephen. I loved the lunch hour drivers meeting on Sunday. That was so worthy of making it into the Wes' "In your face speeches" hall of fame.

It needed to be said and it worked!

What a carnage weekend (not including my back) and that IS unfortunate. I some how suspect that August will be the last time any of us get to see the big track unless we are spectators....

Again, great job Stephen!

oldguy
07-06-2009, 12:36 PM
'Patience and hard work'.

That's what you'll see in the dictionary next to 'S. Deneka'.

STeveD
07-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Thanks folks, but there were a lot fewer "micro problems" that I dealt with this year versus last because I knew that I could rely on the team.

If this event happens again next year, I won't hesitate to sign the club up for it again.

oldguy
07-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Andrew:

Bouncing back from a big 'moment' is
a learned skill, not a natural response.

You were pretty resiliant -> great job !

I'm looking forward to another ride.

racecartech
07-07-2009, 11:42 PM
Fantastic weekend! Thanks so much to the organizers and vollenteers who make it happen. Taking this off the schedule would not be a good thing. Mistakes happen, hopefully there will be less next year.
Stephen, Thank You for arranging my instructor, I passed my Observation on Monday. I hope to enter the sprints Aug 8.

Rob S, fantastic! Thanks

oldguy
07-08-2009, 11:07 AM
I had as much fun as you did, Scott !

AndrewR
07-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Rob,

I am looking forward to another ride too!!