PDA

View Full Version : Shannonville #3 and #4

nissannx
06-15-2009, 06:19 AM
Wow - what a weekend. Sunday turned out to be a perfect day for the track and, believe it or not, Katie and I were there. We learned a lot and the car is doing exactly what we need it to do - run consistently.

First off, some thank you's are in order. To Chris and John - very well organized events and things moved through the day well. Great work.

Paul, as the SPDA SoloSprint ambassador you have gone above the call of your position and we really appreciate it. Can hardly believe it, to be honest. You represent the sport.

The Associate Racing guys aren't on this forum, but the whole crew I cannot thank enough. I changed tires in the dark Saturday night and then Sunday morning found that one was corded badly. The Honda guys had no problem lending us a replacement which absolutely put us in the running for the day.

Three people in class. SPDA took first, second and third in touring one. Saalmaan was amazing and took first with incredible times - I think it was 83.xx's. Katie took third but I want to point out if there had been ten in class she'd have gotten third. She was cutting seconds off of her lap times each outing and was running very consistent 86.xx's during her final outing. She's fourth in the overall Novice competition after four events.

wrxR176
06-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Thanks Frank

I think Katie must have had an amazing coach on Sunday to be able to go that fast. LOL. Hope to see you at MIR and I hope I will be able to get some points for SPDA for this event.

nissannx
06-21-2009, 07:51 AM
http://www.vimeo.com/user1857304/videos
Here are some in-car videos. They are the slower videos from Saturday. The camera didn't get turned on Sunday as Katie and Paul were too fast! Actually, I was out serving as a corner marshal and my pit crew role is to turn on the camera!