PDA

View Full Version : DELAWARE - A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU!

SUBARUSHANE
07-14-2009, 10:02 PM
My name is Shane Witham. For those of you who don't know me, I am the Sales Manager at Fenwick Subaru in sunny Sarnia!

I wanted to take the time aside and thank all of you who attended our event on Friday July 10th at Delaware Speedway! It was a huge success all because of you guys showing up in some MEAN Subaru's and others (mustangs, talon's, etc)!!

John - You did amazing that night - you put a lot of effort into your win. You absolutely deserve it!

Jen - What can I say about you? Joe called you the fastest beer delivery girl in Ontario over the announcer's mic on Friday. I call you "THE FASTEST BEER DELIVERY GIRL IN CANADA"!! I'm glad you are enjoying the WRX I sold you about a year ago... When are you going to actually do a few mods?

Jason - It was great meeting you and your family! Thank you so much for coming out in the bad boy STi of yours - your car is INCREDIBLE! You seemed a little worried about the oval bfore you went on - I think you have a natural talent for it. With all of that power you are putting down; you sure hung on very well around those turns!

Steve - What can I say? I'm glad you are hooked on the Oval now... who woulda thought ANY of us would be. PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR A/C NEXT TIME!

Tashko - You are one of the best drivers I have ever seen. You have an amazing car - but I think it's time for a new Subaru!!!

Maurizio - Great having you!!! Maybe you can do up the graphics for us at our next event??

Ken - What in the world do you have under the hood of that Stang??? WOWWWW! I was super impressed by your car. It hooks VERY well!

Peter - Thank you for taking some GREAT pictures!

LAST BUT NOT LEAST

JOE T! - Listen man, I really appreciate everything you did for us. You are an absolutely amazing guy to plan event's with, have a beer with, or even a small chat on the phone. SPDA is VERY lucky to have you on the board. Anytime I have a question about a Subaru that I can't answer - I know who to turn to for 100% accuracy. You did an awesome job on the announcers mic as usual. THANKS!!!

I also wanted to remind people of our next KoH event at Delaware speedway on September 4th!!! For those of you that missed the last one, PLEASE MAKE SURE to attend this one. It will only be bigger, better and badder!

*Hint* There will be a BIGGER purse for this event! $$$$$

THANKS GUYS!

JoeT
07-14-2009, 10:57 PM
Hi Shane,

It was a pleasure doing the event for Fenwick, Glen is a class act and you're working your way up there too.

Looking forward to a bigger and better event in September, and I hope you don't mind me dropping the hint about the "customer appreciation day" at Delaware that's in the works. (oooops, did I do that)..

Thanks again

kfarquhar
07-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Once again, I thank everyone for a great event at Delaware.

More $$$$'s, Bigger and Badder sounds great.
Just remember, it is not a lapping day. We have 2 guys in very fast cars, that are now considered as a disposable commodity, and "pot of gold" on the finish line for the first one back.

There are a lot of options for the outcome, not all good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSG1v2dmXy0

Looking forward to the next event.

JoeT
07-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Hey Ken,

That youtube video is a classic one, it's the stolen car that goes into the wall, then the driver jumps the wall before the marshalls can catch up to him.

Fits in the catagory of Strange but True.

Classic!

Maurizio
07-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Hi Shane,

It was a pleasure to finally meet you, and the hospitality that you provided us was great. If you have anything in mind, or want to discuss some idea for graphics, you can always email me at maurizio(at)spda-online(dot)ca. Im not just looks, I got brains too ;-)

See you at the next KOTH.

Cavemanrjc
07-16-2009, 12:48 AM
Exelent evening. Thank you Mr. Fenwick & Shane

And now that I have a truck & trailer and the cars all fixed up, Ill be at the next one!!!
(maybe with a few more cubes though)

It's not a subie but its quick!!
And I only have to shift twice :)

STeveD
07-16-2009, 08:00 AM
Thank you Shane and Glen! We had a really good time, and sticking through those three runs... yes, next time I can push a little harder.

Oh, and I disconnected the A/C compressor relay. Even if I forget the button in the cabin, it won't draw HP.

Chris_Martin
07-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Looks like you guys had fun! Wish my junk was back together!

cough cough.....a/c shuts off at WOT anyways ;)

isopropyl_z24
07-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Hi Shane
Was a fun night out. Thanks guys. Will see you in Sep. I think I will run a better tire then my all seasons next time.
As for mods to the car I have a hoist booked for this Sat. ;-)

SUBARUSHANE
07-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Not a problem guys! It was a blast! I am looking forward to our "new and impreoved" event in September!

Chris - Steve had his car set up so at WOT the ac was still on for some reason. I asked about that as well.

Jenny - I guess you will have some tricks up your sleeve for the next race ;) Can't wait to see!

Joe - We need to meet up for lunch again to discuss the next event..

Cavemanrjc
07-16-2009, 06:17 PM
Can you spray a turbo car?

JoeT
07-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Yes you can spray a Turbo car as long as you can retard the timing and add fuel. Not recommended for cars with Hypereutectic pistons, like the one in your WRX, it'll blow the rin lands to another province... LOL

tashko
07-16-2009, 07:00 PM
In September I'll be sure to have 94 in the car so I won't have to use crappy 91 with octane boost, which didn't work so great...at least that's what I'm assuming the knock was due to. No lifting on the straight next time!

On a bright note, my alternator didn't fail!! lol.

Good times, good times. :pint:

STeveD
07-16-2009, 07:19 PM
When you pop that small block Rob, I have some nice forged pistons that will fit a 2.5L.

Cavemanrjc
07-16-2009, 08:50 PM
No more cats and 120 oct leaded race fuel
wet system 75- 100 horse shot
it should hold :)

if not will a 3.0 bolt to the 4 cyl trans?

just dont tell the wife what im going to do to her car;)

JoeT
07-16-2009, 09:28 PM
The WRX Trans will hold up to 275 lbs ft or torque before it gives up the ghost, but that's if you're ginger in your shifting. If you gorilla shift the 5MT in that car, it'll grenade either 2nd or 3rd gear. Reverse gear is also really weak, but that one is easy to change since it's located in the center diff casing on the tail end of the tranny.

Any Subaru motor will bolt onto almost any Subaru tranny, treat it like a lego set. Go for it! LOL

Chris_Martin
07-16-2009, 10:02 PM
i'll 2nd that...

and 325 wTQ is definately too much! about here you'll start exploding other stuff too!

isopropyl_z24
07-16-2009, 10:51 PM
NONoNo Whats going on here?
I don't think so. No spray for my car. Even if he wanted to put it on behind my back good luck. I allmost live in Ricky and Rob don't have a key I keep it beside my pillow. I just got Ricky back from the body shop. Not happy they scrached my steering wheel. No one is ever touching my car again without me there!

Cavemanrjc
07-17-2009, 11:43 AM
Fine then.
That will be 2 bottels for me then.
O and I do have a key just no fancy fob.