PDA

View Full Version : Pure One Oil Filters

PaulH
07-29-2009, 05:27 PM
Anyone interested in buying Pure One oil filters by the case?

$120 per case, 12 filters in a case

These are a premium filter. They are still made by Purolator, to the same specs.

If we can get 10 cases on order Irwin will bring them in for us.

With the new block I intend on taking very good care of it so I decided I may as well organize another Pure One buy.

Money to be paid to Irwin or we can work something out to collect and distribute the filters.

Please post if you are interested.

Thanks,

Paul Hirst

JoeT
07-29-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm interested in a case if he accepts the $2.00 off / filter rebate from Purolator.

http://www.purolatorautofilters.net/promotions/Documents/PUR_KeepItPureRebateFLY_0409.pdf

Whadda ya think?

PaulH
07-29-2009, 10:48 PM
Wow, that would make a great deal!

I'll call Irwin in the morning.

Fine print says valid in the US only but I can ask.

Paul

MadDog
07-30-2009, 03:39 PM
WIX filters are just as good as the PureOnes and 2/3s the price without buying by the case. ;-)

STeveD
07-30-2009, 04:28 PM
Usually that's the case with the price, Ray, but the WIX 51365 Subaru turbo oil filter is about the same price as the Pure One in the group buy of 1200. I guess that this filter isn't shared with a large volume manufacturer. Check with Amsoil and the price we get is about the same.

Like you said, I use the WIX because it's the same quality as OE Japanese, NAPA GOLD or PureOne and I don't have to buy dozens at time, or negotiate with the UAP NAPA guys for a good price. Our pricing is per piece.

One alternative to the 51365 that I plan to test in the winter is the 51356. It has the same base plate, bypass pressure rating and construction EXCEPT that it's longer with more filter media. But, it's shared with Mazda engines, so that makes the volumes higher and the price 11% cheaper.

Subaru folk are particular about their oil filters. We blow more engines than anyone, so we get that way. ;-)

MadDog
07-30-2009, 08:09 PM
You Suburu guys have too much money to burn..LOL