View Full Version : Help with CASC Solo2 classification

valheru
08-08-2009, 10:20 PM
OK, so I've been reading the rule book concerning the classification for my car and from what I can figure out, I sould be in street prepared with a total of 10 preparation points.

Anybody more experienced would mind double checking me before I have decals made.

Thanks

Denis

Car:

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Sport Wagon (a.k.a n/a grocery getter)

Engine:

Intake
Header+wrap
Cat-back exhaust
Intake manifold spacers
Crank + alternator underdrive aluminium pulley
Oil catch can

Drivetrain:

Short shifter
Shifter bushings (Kartboy front and rear)

Tires and wheels:

Team Dynamics 15x7
Toyo RA1's 225/50R15
3/16" wheel spacers

Suspension

Koni inserts (rebound adj only)
STI Pink wagon specific springs
Front and rear strut bars
Rear swaybar
Rear endlinks
Extra camber bolts front and rear for -2.5 and -2.0 degrees of camber

Body:

WRX aluminium hood

Brakes:

SS lines
Master cylinder brace
Hawk HP+ pads

Unknown:

3/16" skidplate and rear protector
Lightbar with 4 Hella FF1000's
Scratches and rust included!

Sir-knight
08-08-2009, 11:27 PM
DSP?

JoeT
08-09-2009, 12:08 AM
All of those mods would fit under DSS.

valheru
08-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Ok stupid question here, what the hell the D stands for, I can't find any mention of it in the rules.

Also, I can't be in super stock, in section 12.5 Engine and drivetrain, part#3 Manifold or headers, other than OEM; there is no check mark for it in the SS column, but there is one for 2 pts in the SP and "free" for MOD.

alf
08-09-2009, 06:44 AM
valheru wrote:
Ok stupid question here, what the hell the D stands for, I can't find any mention of it in the rules.

I stand for the 4th letter of the alphabet...

JoeT
08-09-2009, 11:46 AM
valheru wrote:

Also, I can't be in super stock, in section 12.5 Engine and drivetrain, part#3 Manifold or headers, other than OEM; there is no check mark for it in the SS column, but there is one for 2 pts in the SP and "free" for MOD.

Absolutely correct, I missed the header part. Yes, you'll be in DSP, and D signifies the base class of the car. If you take a look at the CASC-OR rulebook, you'll notice that cars are classified from A - H, A being the fastest, and H being the slowest.

Here's the kicker. The SS and SP classes only go up to F, and depending on the car and how it's modded, you may not end up in the same "family class".

Example, modded HS Cars can go to FSS or FSP. WRX's can go from D to E based on mods.

valheru
08-10-2009, 05:22 PM
JoeT wrote:

Absolutely correct, I missed the header part. Yes, you'll be in DSP, and D signifies the base class of the car. If you take a look at the CASC-OR rulebook, you'll notice that cars are classified from A - H, A being the fastest, and H being the slowest.

Here's the kicker. The SS and SP classes only go up to F, and depending on the car and how it's modded, you may not end up in the same "family class".

Example, modded HS Cars can go to FSS or FSP. WRX's can go from D to E based on mods.

Ok, I get it now, according to the list for on page 78 of the CASC-OR 2009 rulebook and the mods allowed per section 10, the Impreza 2.5 is in the fourth list of SS/SP and I presume it's supposed to be written D. Super Stock / Street Prepared, seems like it's missing the A, B, C, etc. in the title of each SS/SP list.

Bottom line is I'm in DSP.

JoeT
08-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Exactly... Correctamundo....

valheru
08-10-2009, 05:52 PM
:cheer: