PDA

View Full Version : GT Sprints

nissannx
08-10-2009, 06:58 AM
Congratulations to the SPDA drivers who were mixing it up in the GT Sprints this weekend. There was some great racing and it was impressive to watch - especially to the drivers who were wheel to wheel road-racing for the first time!
Well Done!:bow:

Maurizio
08-10-2009, 08:33 AM
Yesterday was great fun to see our very own Scott Tapley racing in his first GT Sprints events in GT-4(I believe). His first race Saturday afternoon he found himself finishing in Third position, followed by a fifth and then fourth on Sunday. Most of the weekend was solid, uneventful till the last race. Scott was looking smooth and composed throughout the race, passing several of the slower cars in traffic and class. With about 5 mins left Scott sees the debris flag going into corner four, at which point he got right on the brakes. Within seconds of braking he started spun out of control, and ended up "parked" between two other cars that went off as well. Luckily the car look just as good as it did when it started the race. Scott was still shaky after the race but most happy of a great overall first racing weekend. Kyle in his Black Beast took first in the GT-2 class and drove spectacularly passing the Krikorian STi.

I was only able to get a few pick with the phone since I forgot to bring the camera. So here are two pics that I got of Scott in the paddock and Scott Murfin putting in a GoPro into the ex-circle track car that he had out at the SPDA solo sprints weekend at Mosport. It took him more time to get in and out of the car then it did to clamp on the camera :-P, We always had to make sure which Scott we were talking about, cause it did get confusing a couple of times.

racecartech
08-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Great shots for a phone cam. I had a blast on Saturday in my first race. I finished better ontrack than the results, but I will take a break out anytime over a finish. Seeing Scott T get a top 3 in his fisrt race was great. I managed to pull off a high 1:35 and get a 1 lap penalty, great battles at the front and no damage to Martin's car.

I look forward to getting out there again.

RatchetRacing
08-10-2009, 09:50 PM
Thanks, guys! What a blast finally getting to run the GT Sprints was. Thanks for all the support and help I received. I sure suprised myself, I did not expect to finish so well... Sure hope those stains come out from my ride through five!!!
Scott Tapley#178