PDA

View Full Version : anyone going to Mosport Big Track lapping and Autosprint

colinbarfoot
08-21-2009, 08:45 AM
Saturday and Sunday, anyone (STI) going to give a few tips finding m way around the big track. I have done lapping at the DDT in my 2003 STI, this will be the first for my 2008 SI

STeveD
08-21-2009, 08:51 AM
I'm not going to make it this weekend, but Serge will have people available if you ask for help. If your instructor doesn't know AWD, just tell them to put you on a high horsepower FWD line. (Late apex 1, 4, 5b, 8, 10. Double apex through 2.) Turns 3, 5a, 9, do whatever you want, but don't clip any inside curbs there.

oldguy
08-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Ask for Scott Murfin.

Navigator
08-21-2009, 04:36 PM
I'll be there as well. Look for the Hankook window banner. I can introduce you to Scott.

If you have the time and are mechanically capable, check over the whole car tonight. Wheel bearings, tie rods suspension parts. Make sure the car is not leaking any fluid and that everything is tight in the engine bay (battery etc.) I you need anything when your there come and find me, should have enough tools for any of your needs.

kwlsti
08-21-2009, 10:10 PM
i'll be there on sunday :-), no Subaru though. dam superseded subaru gearbox parts!

you can all ways watch my lines... if you dare...
www.vimeo.com/kwlsti

racecartech
08-23-2009, 08:59 AM
Saturday was a blast, surpisingly low car count, good track time. The Subies are fun to drive and the GT500, what a rush up the back straight. it needed better tires.

Good luck to all competitors running today.

KEEP IT SAFE GUYS AND GAL.

GO KATIE

Navigator
08-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Colin it was nice to meet you. I had a ton of fun found alot of time and cant wait to get back to MIR.

Oh yea Go Katie. ;-)