PDA

View Full Version : Need club help at First Frost rally / KWRC Mini Rally tomorrow

STeveD
08-21-2009, 09:08 AM
Hi Folks!

As some of you know, SPDA will be hosting it's first Navigational Rally in early December. We would appreciate having more Checkpoint crews for that rally. It would help if you knew something about rally, so if you could volunteer to help as a checkpoint worker before our rally, or at least participate in a rally so that you know what needs to happen before December, that would be great!

There are only two mini-rallies left in the west end this year in order to try it out. One is tomorrow evening, August 22nd out of Kitchener near Hwy 401 and Hwy 8. You should be there by 5:30pm to register and get a bit of instruction explanation. You're off the roads before dark.

http://www.kwrc.on.ca/events/snatr/Aug09.html/

So I'm available for this as a driver or navigator if you would like some help to try participating. If the Legacy is running tomorrow, I can also loan a car to use. This is a very easy rally, and a great place to try it out.

There will be two east end rallies later in the year. One out of Peterborough, one out of Perth if you can train up at those to help at First Frost.

nitrowsb
08-21-2009, 09:23 AM
AS stated before, we would love to try it out but we have to work until 5pm so there would be NO way we could get there on time! Maybe next time!

AndrewR
08-21-2009, 09:36 AM
I would love to help, but I'll be here: http://www.amidsummernightsrun.ca/

Next one.

STeveD
08-21-2009, 10:37 AM
If they know you're coming, you could get there as late as 18:10 to catch the competitor's meeting. That should be doable from Oakville.

STeveD
08-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Trevor and I finished 1st place. He's easier to navigate for than Giselle. We missed our perfect Zero though! I think that the sticker position for one CP was wrong though. Distance was 9.50 on the sticker, but the CP car was at 9.44. So I chose the wrong seconds to cross Checkpoint 6 at. 0.1 total score.

Sept 19th is the last KWRC Mini of the year, running out of Woodstock. Should be another good one!

STeveD
08-23-2009, 06:29 PM
Aw, crap. I just found out that I'm double-booked for the KWRC SNATR. There's some silly event at an airport in Picton the same day. Some guy in a BMW needs some humbling. ;-)

If any of you can commit to the 26th, I'll try to get them to change the date! :-) Start time will likely be 6:30pm again.