PDA

View Full Version : Great Job Katie

wrxR176
08-23-2009, 08:50 PM
Hey Guys

Just to let you know that Katie finally did it and beat her dad by 1.5 seconds today. That puts Frank 7th overall and just behind him is Katie. Maybe if she wins at the next 2 events she might get ahead of him in the standings. She is also 2nd overall in the Novice championship.

Frank will probably evaluate on it.

Great Job Katie Patrick

nissannx
08-24-2009, 06:49 AM
It was an absolute blast yesterday. Katie was absolutely blisteringly fast on the track! A huge thanks to everyone who has helped her (and us) out. A big thank you to Rob Stone and Scott Murfin for their in-car expertise this season. Katie came in after a session with Scott on Saturday and told me that she was going to be fast! FIVE SECONDS faster than her July time!

I ran a 1:49.x for my personal best at Mosport - I'm very happy with that time. Katie's time of 1:47.x is just incredible. I was sure that the car was capable of it - but needed Katie to prove it! I am not bowing out, just recognizing the facts. I have said in print that she's a better driver than me; now she's also a faster one!

Well done, Katie. I love you, Dad!

Gotta go and review the video footage of her driving to pick up on her line!!!

Navigator
08-24-2009, 08:34 AM
Frank you should be proud. You were the one that was instrumental in her being as good as she is. You gave Katie the oportunity and helped her excel as her first coach.

Now I think you should ground her and take away her street car privilges for at least a week. LOL Being her Father does have its advantages.

oldguy
08-24-2009, 08:46 AM
Now it's time for you to tell her all
about 'rewards weight'.

racecartech
08-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Frank, we will even it up in May, i will give you the same instruction I gave Katie.

I can say though, Katie is a great driver, seeing her in my car as well as yours.