PDA

View Full Version : What is this (broken) part?

DouglasM
09-07-2009, 03:01 PM
My front right fog light was yellow and partly water-filled. A quick look at the "vacation pix" made it look like it wouldn't be too difficult to get in there. After dealing with various bumper and wheel well shroud snappers, it did turn out to be easy. I found a break in the top of the fog light assembly, so I need a new assembly. Looking at the US pricing (U$224.10), I think I'll be going that route.

While I was in there, as I was looking to the front right of the car, the part in the photo was dangling from somewhere up above, maybe to the front of the bumper.

Does anyone have any idea what it might be? Air bag sensor connector?

The car is going in for some professional paint touching up at the end of September/early October. The front bumper will be coming off, so getting these things replaced then will be easier and less expensive than at dealer labour rates.

Thanks. D.

STeveD
09-07-2009, 08:04 PM
You can also check Ebay for discount fogs.

Navigator
09-08-2009, 08:56 AM
Doug is it a connector? I have seen extra unused connectors on cars that are not used.

AndrewR
09-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Generally Speaking, Yellow is used for air-bag stuff.

DouglasM
09-08-2009, 02:49 PM
It is a connector. Gray and the wire wrap is gray. The other end of the 8" wire has a white inline connector to another wire that goes up and away from where I could see; it appears to go up into the bumper area.

The only yellow I saw was in my fog light. :-(

I did not see anything tasteful aftermarket/non-bling to replace the OEM fog light online.