PDA

View Full Version : Shannonville #7&8

nissannx
09-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Time to post some stuff up. The weather was excellent. Fabi is Fabi, doesn't really do much for me. The long track - I couldn't imagine it being fun because I don't like Nelson and I've already said Fabi's just okay. Love the pro track and want to do it again. But the long track - it's just plain fun to drive! Hard on tires. Very hard on tires. Makes the brakes work. But what a great day.

I got third in class at Fabi and second on the long track. Katie was right behind me with fourth and third. And I mean right behind. On Fabi there was not even half a second between first place and fourth place. Saalmaan lost his brakes so couldn't compete on the long track - unfortunately.

There are many great competitors, but running with John and Saalmaan in the same class has been awesome. Facing off with my daughter at every event has been the ultimate challenge. Katie is an incredible competitor and, without a doubt, a better driver. I'm just glad she's taking it easy on her old dad!

tashko
09-14-2009, 06:57 PM
Hey Frank, good to see you yesterday.

I see Katie definitely doesn't have a problem pushing the car. It's cool to see you guys out there running!

Hopefully I'll see you at more events next season.

nissannx
09-16-2009, 05:16 PM
tashko wrote:
Hey Frank, good to see you yesterday.

I see Katie definitely doesn't have a problem pushing the car. It's cool to see you guys out there running!

Hopefully I'll see you at more events next season.
We have had so much fun this season - basically racing against each other. While this was a first for both of us on the long track, I have far more experience on flat tracks than Katie does. That's where I'm ahead. She proved at Mosport that on big fast tracks that she owns me!

The competition in Touring 1 has been incredible. John and Saalmaan were amazing out there!

RRRex
09-16-2009, 08:08 PM
You seem surprisingly relaxed when she's out there mowing lawns. Hehe.

nissannx
09-17-2009, 07:11 AM
Grass is one thing. The bang and what seemed to be a graceful leap through the air did raise my anxiety a bit!

The right front rim was bent (hence my for sale add on CASC-OR for 3 MX-5 rims bored out to Nissan hub or WTB one of the same) and the car absolutely needs to go back to Scott and Can-Alignment to make sure all is well.
Of course, I will have to take some of the blame for the underside as my final lap had me two wheels off on the right side twice and once two wheels off on the left. Did some self-talk to calm myself down (or I threatened to pull the car off the track!) and then pulled a very smooth lap. And somewhere in there got my own FTD. With the R6s on the front and Z211 rain tires on the rear!

Katie's already talking engine mods. I'm talking lets keep it the same and really do some good driving to take touring one!

RRRex
09-17-2009, 10:42 AM
There really should be no rush changing your setup till you've maximized what you have. Lapping, schools and tires are by far the better use of your resources than mods IMO. Once you can find the limit quickly and keep all your times within a half second for an entire day, then look into more power and grip. Performance and grip can hide bad driving and create bad habits. Much easier to correct it early on with lower power, lower grip and seat time than add speed and grip too soon. :D