PDA

View Full Version : Brembo dealer?

paulneartarga
09-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Where is the cheapest place to order Brembo stuff?

STeveD
09-28-2009, 07:07 PM
paulneartarga wrote:
Where is the cheapest place to order Brembo stuff?

What do you need? Seal kits? Bleeder screws? Banjo bolts? Sliders and pins? New pistons?

tashko
09-28-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm pretty cheap! For Brembo blanks that is... :-D

I can also get other Brembo stuff but their stuff is usually pricey.

paulneartarga
09-29-2009, 06:51 AM
Just looking for some prices to start.Trying to decide what to do with the Evo for the winter:

1 If I run the stock brakes it means new 18inch rims and expensive snow tires...plus after a few winters of our salt and crap I know I'll need to rebuild or replace calipers/rotors.

2 "Invest" in a set of smaller calipers/rotors up front for winter use there by saving the big stock set for summer only.This would allow a smaller set of rims and tires(much cheaper than 18's).

I guessing the price of this kit is out to lunch........

http://www.brembo.com/CatalogoRacing/2008/Data/GrNKits_PDF/EvoX_GrNKits.pdf

http://www.brembo.com/CatalogoRacing/2008/index.html

but you never know till you ask.

STeveD
09-29-2009, 08:07 AM
Check the Evo/Lancer forums to see if base Lancer brakes bolt onto the Evo. You might find someone who upgraded willing to sell their stockers.

And yes, full brembo caliper, rotor, pad combos are upwards of $2000 per axle set.

Fourstar has access to Performance Friction racing calipers that are about $700 USD each, but you will still need rotors and pads. They will fit under 17" rims though. Maybe even 15".

paulneartarga
09-29-2009, 09:03 AM
May have to make the stock ones last as long as possible then......hate to wreck them in winter though.

I tried the Mitsu forums already......but they ain't like the Subaru ones.....seems NO ONE has down sized Evo brakes...."Dude you won't be able to stop as quick!"....LOL..

STeveD
09-29-2009, 09:06 AM
The Subaru Brembo Gold paint stands up to winter salt very well. They just don't like knicks and impacts. Or brake fluid. Bleeding your brakes and not wiping up the fluid, or a clumsy oaf mounting / dismounting your wheels will do far more damage than one winter.

paulneartarga
09-29-2009, 09:32 AM
Nicks and impacts.......yes.

Unfortunatly here they use very coarse salt and mix it with sand/gravel.The 06 WRX brakes looked like crap after just one winter,and all the steel bits formed rust.I had to do touch up paint every spring and replace the sliders after just two winters.The outside edge of the pistons had a nice layer of rust on them after winter #3,so I knew it was just a matter of time.

It was a long shot on the "group N" stuff.

I'll have to get a set of rims and the 18 inch snows I guess and deal with the brakes as best as possible.