Rajesh
10-02-2009, 11:43 AM
prices and location anybody ?

AndrewR
10-02-2009, 01:24 PM
JRP.

JoeT
10-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Go get some nice EBC Reds, they are fantastic. Not to be used for solosprint though.

Rajesh
10-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Thanks guys!....

Chris_Martin
10-02-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm actually a big fan of the Yellows, from EBC

They also actually have a new track pad on the horizon...

JoeT
10-02-2009, 05:15 PM
Actually, I'm so impressed with the EBC reds that I'm aching to try out their track pads when it actually shows up. The reds perform like the Hawk HP Plus, but with NO dust and NO squeeling!!!

Chris_Martin
10-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Joe..you should also try the Yellows.

I ran the entire rally season on 2 sets! and the 2nd set was not because i used up the other ones, but because i swapped to the 4pot/2pot with the 6 spd.

I had them at Shannonville in April when we ran 10+ laps on the full track, with no fade, and lots of LFBing in the rain. I ran them at DDT full track (all the brake burning kinks), in 30 degree weather for 10+ laps...no problems.

You are free to take my opinions as you will....since if anyone has a keen eye...they will see some decals ;) Regardless i have been really impressed and wouldn't continue to run them if i wasn't.

The new pads are just about designed for the big heavy family sedan!

STeveD
10-03-2009, 11:14 AM
It was me who turned Joe on to the Reds. I like the Yellows as well for their low dust and wide temperature range of operation. But they have less maximum brake torque than the reds, and with Joe wanting to use them for street and Autoslalom, I think that they're the better choice for what he's doing with them. He has HT10's for the track, so the high temp stuff is handled.

As I reviewed the EBC Yellows here before, they're the ultimate lazy-man's pad. Drive it on the street, slalom, track, it doesn't matter. It will do them all adequately. But they don't excel at any of it.

AndrewR
10-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Hmm... I like the sound of the reds.... Or lack thereof.

my +'s were squealing all the way DT this am.

4WDMIG
10-14-2009, 12:59 AM
Depends on your threshold for squeal i love the bite of carbotechs, xp10 or xp12 for track use and xp8 for street/winter.

Ive spent a lot of time even with the xp12 in dead winter and they had almost the same bite and only slightly barely just a hint of fade when hammered on in an emergency in the dead cold. Once warmed a bit they were great.

Anything carbotech will bite hard but squeal and dust like crazy