PDA

View Full Version : 5x100 wheel spacers

valheru
10-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Details:

-For 5x100 hubs.
-Made of 6061-T6 aluminium plate.
-Three thickness to choose from: 1/8", 3/16" and 1/4".

These spacers are exact copies of the surface of the disk on to which the wheels sits, the holes for the wheel studs are the same diameter as the ones in the disk.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/DenisFraser/Other/Wheelspacer.jpg

Pricing:

1/8" : 20$ each
3/16" : 30$ each
1/4" : 40$ each

Payment:

-Cash is king as always
-Paypal: add 3% to the total.
-PM me for other means.
-Can be shipped, usualy 15-25$ via Canada Post

-Spacers are in the Ottawa/Gatineau region.

Currently in stock:

6x 1/8"
2x 3/16"
4x 1/4"

FAQ:

Can I safely use 1/4" thick spacers on my car?

Sounds simple enough, but there is no definite answer to that question since the rotor, wheel, studs and nuts combination and condition will determine if you can safely use a 1/4" spacer or not.

The easiest way to figure it out is the check the following (For M12 x 1.25 studs):
-Count how many turns it take to remove a wheel nut completely from the tighten to specs position. Do not use and impact or electric driver for this, hand tools will work best. Mark a reference point on the wheel nut if necessary using a marker.
-From the number of turns it takes to remove the wheel nut, substract 5.
-If the answer is greater then 8, you can safely use 1/4" thick wheel spacers without having to change the wheel studs or wheel nuts.
-Quick, simple and easy!

This is derived from the minimum recommended thread engagement which is: 0.8 x diameter of the bolt being used or in the case of the M12x1.25, 7.7 threads ( (0.8x12)/1.25 ).

You may choose to ignore this recommendation, if you do, be advised that I am not responsible for anything that might happen.

Thanks.

Denis 8)

valheru
11-03-2009, 11:15 PM
Bump, added some 1/4" to the list.