PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Z214's 245-40-17 - New SOLD

Navigator
10-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Set of 4 new 245-40-17's Z214's C51 compound

SOLD SOLD SOLD

http://www.racetiresdirect.com/images/Ventus20Z214_1.jpg

Loved the tire this year, great predictability and amazing grip. Willing to help the buyer set them up on thier car. Follow the proper setup and the tires will treat you very well. Reason for selling is like the rims wanting to go bigger and wider for next year.

If a current SPDA Member buys these tires and I'll pay for your 2010 SPDA membership fee.

wrxR176
10-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Dam good deal. I would take these if I had the cash.

Daniel
10-11-2009, 09:45 PM
What tires are these comparable to? grip/longevity etc....

Geoff_Rex
10-11-2009, 10:38 PM
These tires have more grip than you could possibly need. They're no good for auto cross, as they take a while to heat up. They are an awesome track tire, as long as it's not wet. Once heated up, they are absolutely amazing. No squirming and extremely predictable. I bought a set this spring (exact same size) and after 1 lapping day, I immediately bought another set. Unfortunately for me, I didn't get a chance to touch the second set. They lasted me 7-8 lapping days of driving the living piss out of them.

If I didn't have the second set in the basement, I'd have already bought these.

wrxR176
10-11-2009, 11:06 PM
Definately gonna consider this tire next year. Might have to invest in lots of bearings though. I seem to go through them fast with ubers

STeveD
10-12-2009, 07:49 AM
Their closest competitor is the Hoosier R6. Geoff is right, it's more of a lapping tire. (C51 is a "medium" compound, and the stiff sidewalls mean they need a couple of laps for heat.) The Hankooks fit narrower though due to the different shape of the sidewall. The section width is about the same as a 235/40/17 RA-1.

Navigator
10-14-2009, 11:15 PM
The tire in a C51 compound is used as a road racing tire. The benifit is they dont overheat in what would be a typical summer for us during extended lapping. As for longevity, I thought and I guess Geoff was in the same boat that we would go through 2 sets and we didnt.

I had 235 RA-1'a and these are wider but have a different side wall profile. The benifit of this profile design is amazing turn in characteristics. You turn the wheel and the car turns, sounds funny but you have to drive the tire to understand what I mean.

My car has a fair amount of suspension mods but isnt tuned for power (think STi Hp but less torque). The car with these tires ran a 1:37 at MIR (lapping day having to pass cars, event could be a second or more faster) as it sits full interior etc. The difference over last year was how soon I could pick up the throttle.

Like Geoff on any Subaru the tires are spectacular.

If someone is using the tires and isnt getting the same results as me, drop me a line and I will help you get them there. Setup is the key and these are not like Toyos or Hoosiers.

Geoff_Rex
10-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Setup is the key...

QFT!

Navigator
10-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Sold, another fast blob eye Sti next year.