PDA

View Full Version : 93 Leggy turbo, auto no start issue

4WDMIG
10-15-2009, 12:30 AM
Ok so I found a old leggy turbo, its in great shape and good deal for a winter beater. It wont start tho:

1) Battery is good (brand new)
2) Dash lights wont fire up, but door chime works just great
3) Suspect brake switch bad (Shifter wont release from park..have to push over ride switch)
4) Starter relay wont click at all, it totally dead.

I dont have the manual but I managed to find the fuse panel next to the dead pedal. Fuses are good, there are 3 slim relays above the panel...which ones which? Bad ignition/starter relay?

brake switch? universal subie switch?

i would feel bad about jumpering it out...but just to see if the car fires up why not?

Anything else I can look for? Owner is confident its a strong car, older guy too so now I feel bad leaving him SOL with a car in good mechanical shape...just some gremlins.

The car had ignition kill with clifford alarm..i by passed that

Cavemanrjc
10-15-2009, 05:21 PM
Brake switch should not cause all those isues combined.

shifter interlock needs key on power to work
as dose the dash bulb check
door chime is constant power

look at the main ingnition fuse under the hood.
or posably ingnition switch

do the power windows work with key on?
do the wipers work with key on?

Doug Manninen
10-16-2009, 06:02 AM
Caveman is right, look under the hood to make sure main solenoid switch activates to send power to rest of the car. The older Legacy's had this issue at times.

To verify put key into on/acc position, then take a volt meter and check the main power leads at the panel by the drivers right foot. If you have nothing, then it is definitely under the hood.

4WDMIG
10-20-2009, 12:34 AM
Thanks guys, found the problem, silly fusible link, cover was messy couldnt tell but its alive...w00t