PDA

View Full Version : The new Targa rules are out

paulneartarga
10-22-2009, 09:03 AM
http://www.targanewfoundland.com/static/uploads/Volume_2_Rules_and_Regulations_09-Oct-21.pdf

No more overall winner,a modern and a classic winner now.Street tires(140)and pump gas.

Looks good so far.

Its time for a "stock" Evo or STI to take the top spot in modern now.......Keith T. almost did it a few years back....some one step up.

Navigator
10-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Wow so they went to the pump gas, I will read the rules later but I hope they allow people to fill from jerry cans. Pump gas from some of the small town will result in the highest number of blown motors ever at the event. I will read the rules later.

Paul, you should have a great chance with your car then next year :-)

Chris_Martin
10-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Tires...good.

Under 140 rating there are a pile of really sticky tires, which honestly, are probably better as a hole at Targa. Much better when the monsoon hits, and better when there is junk on the road (gravel, dirt, grass).

Are they not giving you 8 tires now as well?

Fuel...i think it's a mistake...i also hope they will let you fill Jerry can's in St-johns. Someone convince a local gas station to carry e-85...then you are rocking!

Overall...that sucks...i still very much contend an overall is possible in a Modern car.

I think ACP was closest wasn't he last year??? Watching his in-cars i think you could have accounted for the seconds he lost. He was also on "streets" no?

There are a zillion other loopholes in the rulebook they need to take care off though. If you were smart and had money, you could easily find and import a car that would wipe the floor. I hear RA spec Legacies and Imprezas are cheap now...