PDA

View Full Version : Rally News

Doug Manninen
11-26-2009, 12:30 AM
I'd like some feed back on this, I'm pumped to go ahead with it and just see where it goes. I've thought about this last year but this Tall Pines really got me thinking.
Where is the small guy in all of this, what about what he is able to accomplish in grass root motorsports? Well if we can do it we will.
Please view the link to CrownGear Rally News Pilot
CrownGear rally News Pilot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THD8gPowevs)

JoeT
11-26-2009, 12:39 AM
The photo montage is good, if you don't mind, here's a couple of constructive bits.

Agreed that the "Little guy" needs the exposure as well.

1) Add interview components to the video. Target the "little guy" not just the sponsored rides.

2) Cover a bit of the Drama, there's normally lots in amateur motorsports, unfortunately, people watch drama.

3) Add some video commentary, if you're going to use a photo montage, a vocal narrative would be an excellent accompanyment.

4) Variety with a subset "feature or focus" on an amateur racer. A new "Feature" with every episode.

Hope this helps.

Doug Manninen
11-26-2009, 07:01 PM
That's great Joe, 1,2,3 I've had plans to do all along. I like the idea #4 that you gave, I think that's great, that the stuff I'm looking for from you.
As far as actual sponsored teams, that's not what this is for. I'm hoping that a few companies in the future may see the potential of this and advertise. I don't know about you but last year alone in the Cobourg Part Source store, i spent $5000 in just stuff, for myself and others. We make up a great number when it comes to buying parts for our rides.
This video is just a foot print to make on the internet to say...Hey wake up guys were coming, have something ready to say. We may even cover Rally and Tarmac builds and setups. Get guys that have been on their couch and perhaps motivate them to come out to different events.

Keep'm comin

Maurizio
11-27-2009, 12:58 AM
Hey Doug,

I like the concept of the grassroots rally coverage. I think its an un-tapped market that has lots of potential. I enjoyed being behind the scene while you were filming Nuwan. Here is a link to Garage 419, Its a similar idea being a internet based TV show. I came across it a few years back and found it entertaining and enjoyable to watch.

Garage 419 (http://www.vodcars.com/garage419/episodes )

I hope that it will give you some ideas, or clarify the direction and how you it to look and or feel.

I agree with Joe on his points, but for a pilot I think it may need more video. Video of cars in action, service areas, fans, grounds, everything to capture the essence of grassroots. Pictures are good but in 1-1.5 seconds. Sometime anything more will feel drawn out. Treat a pilot like a commercial or a movie trailer, you need to capture the attention and draw interest with in a 2-3 mins.

From a graphics background I think you need a solid logo/word mark. You want people to be able to recognize the production anywhere.

Its refreshing to see passion behind someones work. Keep it up.

Mo