PDA

View Full Version : RallySport Ontario OPRC Rule Change

RobMackenzie
01-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Hi Everyone,

Let me start by congratulating Christopher Martin and Phil Narini on a very exciting 2009 season by capturing the Over All, Open, and Novice OPRC Championship and to all other class winners. Job well done Teams.

Now that the 2009 season is in the books and the first event for 2010 is near, I would like to thank everyone who participated and I hope the 2010 season will be as strong as the last.

In the 2009 season we gained two new Regional events in Ontario and they will be back for the 2010 season. This has led the RSO Board to change a rule for scoring events. We have taken into consideration the input received from competitors through out 2009 and have decided to add one more event to the total that will be scored. In section 6.1 of the OPRC rules under Driver and Co-Driver Championships it will read, "Championship standings will be based on 70% of the number of championship events, rounded to the nearest whole number. For 2010, 70% of 7 events will be 5". This means your best 5 finishes will be scored out of your 7 events.

In the next week the RSO rules page will be changed to read the above so if anyone has questions about this please contact me.

Thank you,
Rob Mackenzie
V.P. Performance
RSO