PDA

View Full Version : New 2010 WRX STI owner

chankiu
01-19-2010, 03:15 PM
So just picked up my brand new STI.

so my mod list is the following
coilovers, bov, cross drilled rotors, cai, .....
;-)

just kidding :)

my first thing I was planning to getting my alignment checked.
I have the factory specs in the manual, but I would think there are better numbers out there.
does anyone have any suggestions? been searching but haven't found much for the 2008+ models.

Car is DD but I do plan to take to an event or two.

Thanks in Advance :)

JoeT
01-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Hey Chet,

Keep it stock for now, until you get to the track, once you know what you want to dial in / or out, go here: http://spda-online.ca/modules/smartpartner/partner.php?id=24

and let him know what you want the car to do, and you won't regret it.

BTW: You'll need underglow lights to compliment your other mods.. LOL :muaha:

dubya_rx
01-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Sweet!

You'll have to change your signature. If you don't mind, PM the details about the purchase. :)

Daniel
01-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Hey Chet, Congrats!

I would definitely recommend Scott at Can Alignment as a good place to start.

I had decent success this past season running my 09 STI pretty much stock except for a rear sway bar and a set of 255/40/17 Toyo R888 R-Comps for Autoslalom and Track events.

In terms of alignment settings I ran 0 toe on all four corners. -1.6 was the most camber I could squeeze out of the fronts, but unfortunately there isn't any factory adjustability in terms of rear camber. The car was transformed - even with these few, minor adjustments.

I'll probably add a set of springs this year (5mm drop) but that's probably it. I was happy with the car as is otherwise. I commute downtown in the STI most days so I'm keen on keeping it comfortable for the street too.

But l agree with Joe. Don't touch anything until you've got a good feel for it completely stock.

chankiu
01-26-2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the suggestions all.

yes I learned from the old car.. don't change anything until you have to... and a lot of mods don't do very much for your laptime... practice gives you better laptimes... well.. thats along with tires/brakes :P

I do plan to keep it very stock.

I already gave Scott an email about it.
I will book an apointment as soon as I put my summers back on.

oldguy
01-26-2010, 06:55 PM
Hi Chet:

Change the springs (ask Geoff Chislett and Joel Dudgeon what they did) and then put about 10,000 track laps on it...

:-)

See you at the track (soon, I hope) !

Geoff_Rex
01-27-2010, 06:42 PM
/\ the man speaketh the truth. RCE "Regular Guy" springs, alignment, f/r sway bars, tune... full stop.

Thank me later,

john123
03-30-2010, 07:59 AM
good luck thanks for sharing