PDA

View Full Version : auto-x rules help

gOt_rally
02-01-2010, 02:31 AM
Are you alowed to change rear sway bar in stock class?

The rules state any change to front or rear sway bar system is 1 point each.

I just want to double check cuz in the states a rear sway in stock class is illegal.

My plan of attack if its allowed is front and rear sway, 15x8 wheels so 3 points, and install a fie extinguisher -1 point.

Loopy
02-01-2010, 11:23 AM
2010 rules haven't been released yet but if we were to use last year's rules, Section 12.2 Negative Points states "The negative points assessed for roll-over protection and fire extinguishers may only be used to offset other points assessed in Section 12.3 (Weight Reduction)."

I would wait patiently like the rest of us for the 2010 rules. Maybe there will be a nice surprise for your "new street class", i mean car.

gOt_rally
02-01-2010, 12:47 PM
That would be amazing. The US has several street tire classes (STU STS STR) and it would be a refreshing change to be able to be competative up north without running around with a miata and a trailer for tires.

When are the 2010 rules suppose to be released roughly?

mikewolf
02-01-2010, 06:45 PM
The street tire classes are supposed to be based on the TLMC street tire classes found here:
http://www.twinlakesmc.org/2009_TLMC_Classing__Ruleset.pdf

gOt_rally
02-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Well if thats the case then i would be excluded from st1 an st2 which is basic mods like bolt ons and suspension.

I would have to race in sp2 which allowed forced induction, internal, suspension, and would be racing against 911 gt3's and such......

guess ill be racing either stock or super stock becuase i would be blown away in the street tire class unless they allow the 99+ miatas in a bolt on only class.