PDA

View Full Version : Chumpcar World Series @ Shannonville May 22/23rd 2010

chumpster
02-09-2010, 10:24 PM
Not sure if you guys will be interested in this event or not, maybe someone has a $500 car laying around that begs to be raced?

I have entered my 1986 supra, me and a team of 3 other drivers will be heading down to VIR to take on the USA in a 24 hour event. We are looking to sharpen up or driving skills before competing in the event at Shannonville in May. Attached is a picture of pedobear at our last race...

Chumpcar World Series is coming the Shannonville Motorsports Park May 22/23rd,2010. It will be Chumpcars first race in CANADA. What is Chumpcar? Chumpcar is a race series that races on some of the finest tracks in North America. Cars are race ready minus safety equipment for $500.

Is the racing real even though the cars are only worth $500? Yes the racing is real, and the fun is real too! It is not a demo derby, but a real endurance race, in either two 7 hr races or a full 24 hr race.

The Event at Shannonville will be held on the 4km roadcourse (Long track) and will be run in two 7 hr enduros format. Each race will be scored seperately.

Checkout www.chumpcar.com for more details, sign up for the forum too :)

If you have any questions you can email me at joem@chumpcar.com

Thanks for your time,

Cheers

Below is the event poster.

Navigator
02-10-2010, 08:58 AM
After doing a Lemons event last fall I can tell you that these events are an absolute blast. Bring and ice racer or fix up any cheap car you can find. I am pretty sure we will be back out to this event.

If your interested and dont have a team, post in the thread and see what you can come up with.

Joe if you guys are looking for help feel free to contact me.

Daniel
02-10-2010, 09:30 AM
I'd be interested if anyone else is looking to put a team together. Sounds like a lot of fun...

chumpster
02-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Hey Navigator,

Thanks for the favorable response, I didnt want to come on here and "advertise" as per say, just trying to get the word out there. I appreciate your support and infact I am a huge Subaru fan but at the current moment I cannot afford one, (3 young awesome sons at home) hoping soon in the near future I can and being local I would love to participate in SPDA events.

Chumpcar is almost identical to Lemons, costs are the same! You are exactly right about taking an old ice racer and it would be a perfect car for this event.

Navigator, shoot me an email if you dont mind at joem@chumpcar.com

Thanks alot,

Joe Middlemiss

chumpster
02-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Heres the promo video, detailing the fun :)

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlOynuOTpTU

mikewolf
02-10-2010, 10:23 PM
I'd definately be interested if any teams are looking for extra drivers. I've got some experience building cheap racecars. I also have an extra suit if needed.

Chris_Martin
02-11-2010, 10:05 AM
Hmm... seriously considering this.

...there is still a Justy on a shelf waiting to do something....

chumpster
02-11-2010, 10:43 AM
If you guys are looking for cheap roll cages, csc racing in newmarket is very reasonable. Thats where we purchased our cage! If you guys need anything dont hesitate to contact me :)

Thanks

Joe

Chris_Martin
02-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Joe, i sent you an email to your chumpcar.com addy.

chumpster
02-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Hi Chris, Thanks for the email, you have mail :)

Thanks

Joe