PDA

View Full Version : 2010 CASC-OR Autoslalom Rule book

AndrewR
02-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Here is the official 2010 Autoslalom Rulebook.

New and improved - Thank goodness for proofreaders.

finboy
02-17-2010, 09:49 AM
link doesn't pull a file??

-edit-

worked this time!!

merci gracias

mojambo
02-18-2010, 04:30 PM
ok,

I see the STI starts in BSS/BSP.

How do I know how many prep point I can use before going from BSS to BSP.

After reading the rule book, I don't see a starting point where I add prep points from.

I see that I'll be better placed in BSS. I'll just need to work my parts carefully.

Is an aftermarket intercooler allowed? I didn't see any indication that it wasn't

thanks
E

JoeT
02-18-2010, 04:41 PM
6 prep points to stay in SS
16 Prep points to max out in SP.

There it's easier if you look at the prep schedule on section 13 ish of the rulebook. It tells you what's allowed or not.

List all your mods here and let's see if I can assist.

mojambo
02-18-2010, 05:37 PM
Thanks Joe,

06 STI.

Suspension:
front & rear sways with rear mounts.
koni 8611 DA's on 9kg front/7kg rear
Ground control camber plates F&R(front is mounted on top of strut tower)

groupN bushing in rear.
Whiteline lower balljoint kit
TIC fender braces

Drivetrain:
shift linkage bushings.
Cusco motor and tranny mounts

Motor:
Cobb stage 2
Catted DP,
up pipe
APS TMIC(or stock if needed)

Body:
WRX rear wing
Limited front lip.
light weight battery

Tires:
245 or 275 V710's on OEM STI wheels(I know...)
wheel spacers for 275's
ARP wheel studs

OPtional fire extinguisher -1 point!

THanks!

Eric

valheru
02-18-2010, 08:56 PM
Look like I'll be in DSP this year:

2005 2.5RS: Stock class is G

14.3.1 - Alu hood: +1
14.4.1 - RSB & Tower braces: Free in SP
14.4.2 - Shocks, springs camber bolts, endlinks: +3
14.4.3 - 3/16" Wheel spacers: Free in SP
14.4.5 - R-Comp: Free in SP
14.5.1 - Rear LSD: Free in SP
14.5.3 - Headers: +2
14.5.5 - P&P: +2 Not certain if it goes here or falls under 14.5.8
14.5.8 - Cams, CC match, 3 angle Valve job: +4 Not allowed in SS
14.5.9 - Light flywheel: +2
14.5.13 - Under drive pulley: Free because of 14.5.8

Total of 14 points out of 15 possible.

nitrowsb
02-18-2010, 11:38 PM
The 240 will be getting a bodykit and a paint job and will likely end up being the daily driver.

I have permission from Anna to compete in the STi this year so it was an easy decission! I'm just worried about the parts I might break and this time, I'll have to pay for them myself! I can't wait to see what this car can do.

BSP, MOD, it doesn't matter, I just want to try for FTD's! Oh, and have fun!

Daniel
02-19-2010, 12:44 AM
nitrowsb wrote:
I'm just worried about the parts I might break and this time, I'll have to pay for them myself! I can't wait to see what this car can do.

BSP, MOD, it doesn't matter, I just want to try for FTD's! Oh, and have fun!

Start stockpiling axles now, buddy... lol ;-)

Oh, and regarding FTD's... don't worry about it, I've got that taken care of from BSS... :-P

Daniel
02-19-2010, 01:22 AM
mojambo wrote:
Thanks Joe,

06 STI.

Suspension:
front & rear sways with rear mounts.
koni 8611 DA's on 9kg front/7kg rear
Ground control camber plates F&R(front is mounted on top of strut tower)

groupN bushing in rear.
Whiteline lower balljoint kit
TIC fender braces

Drivetrain:
shift linkage bushings.
Cusco motor and tranny mounts

Motor:
Cobb stage 2
Catted DP,
up pipe
APS TMIC(or stock if needed)

Body:
WRX rear wing
Limited front lip.
light weight battery

Tires:
245 or 275 V710's on OEM STI wheels(I know...)
wheel spacers for 275's
ARP wheel studs

OPtional fire extinguisher -1 point!

THanks!

Eric

Eric,

As I mentioned in the other thread, I'm not sure about things like balljoint kits and fender braces, but (unfortunately for me) I don't see anything that's going to bump you out of SS. You should be safe with 245 or even 255 width tires, but 275's will definitely stickout beyond the fenders, bumping you into SP.... You might also need to go back to the stock intercooler, not sure.

You definitely need another opinion though, from someone who's more familiar with the rules than I am.

Navigator
02-19-2010, 09:10 AM
275's are possible with the right offset wheel and suspension. Don't give up on trying!

These are almost 305's and they would have needed more camber anyway.

Robin
02-19-2010, 10:58 AM
Denis,
if i come out, i might end up in DSP also..... if i put back header back.... but dsp is usually pretty quick group!

unless they consider the 2006 2.5i engine as swap? in my 99rs (in a few weeks).... and put me in Dmod... which i highly doubt it...

valheru
02-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Robin wrote:
Denis,
if i come out, i might end up in DSP also..... if i put back header back.... but dsp is usually pretty quick group!

unless they consider the 2006 2.5i engine as swap? in my 99rs (in a few weeks).... and put me in Dmod... which i highly doubt it...

Robin, you should be able to stay in DSP, look at section 11.9 page 50 of the rules:

11.9.1 Interchange of components between various years of the same model or between various models
produced by the same manufacturer under the same brand name is permitted. For purposes of
updating and backdating of parts, the country of origin of the components is unrestricted.

_Tod
02-21-2010, 12:39 AM
Yeah Ivano, whaddya think for a '10 STi? ET 38 on a 17x10? I was thinking the idea of the 275 R1R's was cool, take the prep point for the wheels instead of the R's. (Since ATTS has a ST bonus and Solosprint drops you down so much for using them too)

Daniel, I wanted to ask you what bar you used and whether you were happy with it? Oh yeah, about brake pads too.

Navigator
02-21-2010, 08:58 AM
Tod, a 10 inch wide wheel with 38 offset will rub if you run 275's. With a 44 offset you will still have to roll the rear fenders a little. Also depends on the actual width of the R1R's. What wheel did you have in mind, you have to be careful as many wheels would not clear the brembos.

As for brake pads are you looking for something all around or are you willing to change them at events?

_Tod
02-21-2010, 05:28 PM
After research the stock tire is 9.8" wide (according to Dunlop) and a 275 R1R is only 1" wider @ 10.8 on the recommended 9.5" rim. Problem would be getting the offset right. Someone on NASIOC said something about needing a spacer to put the 18x10 RPF1 on there to clear the brakes, doesn't bode well for the 17x9.5 or maybe 10 I was thinking of...

So again I'm torn between running the bar for one point and R's on stock (sized) wheels for one point or running street tires in a bigger size and taking that point for the different size wheel. (which I'll likely end up buying anyway for Solosprint and ATTS.

As for brakes... I don't know, in the Honda world Auto-x / street pads are the same and they just put in track pads. Same thing here?

Daniel
02-22-2010, 10:14 AM
_Tod wrote:

Daniel, I wanted to ask you what bar you used and whether you were happy with it? Oh yeah, about brake pads too.

_Tod wrote:

So again I'm torn between running the bar for one point and R's on stock (sized) wheels for one point or running street tires in a bigger size and taking that point for the different size wheel. (which I'll likely end up buying anyway for Solosprint and ATTS.

As for brakes... I don't know, in the Honda world Auto-x / street pads are the same and they just put in track pads. Same thing here?

Tod, I battled with this same dilemma this time last year. I ultimately decided that I'd rather have the car set-up the way I wanted it to get the most enjoyment out of it, without having to worry about modding for a specific class. I'm really glad I did. With only 3 prep points this past season I was only 1 point into BSS but was really happy with the car. Pretty sure I could have taken Marsh for the overall had I kept the stock sway bar on and stayed in stock class, but the car needs the sway bars (I like having just the rear) and just wasn't nearly as much fun without it. I had 17x9 inch rims (Kosei K1TS - 45 offset), 255 R888's and a Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar, that's it. Oh, and I set toe to 0 on all 4 corners and maxed out front end camber (about -1.6). I ran everything else stock, brakes included. Honestly, the car was transformed with these few changes.

This year I'll only be making a few small changes: springs (only 5mm drop), upgraded endlinks (broke my stock links with the bigger bar), maybe a mild tune, likely upgrade brake pads/fluid and I'll probably try to find a bit more front end camber. This will keep me well within SS, make the car even more fun to drive and should make the car relatively competitive. I haven't worried too much about classing for a few years now - I find it a lot more fun to set the car up how I like it and try to keep up with the guys that are supposed to be faster (i.e. FTD race... ).

Keep in mind that I don't do many track events anymore so things like brake pads are less of a worry for me. Besides, I don't use the brakes much anyhow - they just slow you down.... ;)

_Tod
02-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Thanks Daniel, I'm thinking Bar (Whiteline if you recommend it), endlinks (they're free cuz they go with the bar right?), a decent set of brake pads and 17x9.5 wheels with 275 Toyo R1R's. How tight were your 255's in the wheel wells?

I don't consider myself quite the hotshoe you are so I'm not looking for FTD's, just would like to enjoy the car and make it as competitive as it can be across the events I want to compete in.

Navigator
02-22-2010, 07:18 PM
17x9.5 45 offset, 275/40/17 R1R with minor fender rolling

Cost aside 18x9.5 45 offset, 265/40/17 R1R almost no fender rolling

Stay between a 45 and 48 offset and you will be better off. As you are on stock suspension 255s or 265s are a better option.

Daniel
02-22-2010, 09:08 PM
_Tod wrote:
Thanks Daniel, I'm thinking Bar (Whiteline if you recommend it), endlinks (they're free cuz they go with the bar right?), a decent set of brake pads and 17x9.5 wheels with 275 Toyo R1R's. How tight were your 255's in the wheel wells?

I don't consider myself quite the hotshoe you are so I'm not looking for FTD's, just would like to enjoy the car and make it as competitive as it can be across the events I want to compete in.

Not to worry, the car does all the work.... just push play... ;-)

I had tons of room left inboard with the 255's on 17x9 inch rims with a 45 offset. 275's will fit, likely with some mild fender rolling with a 48 offset and should clear with a 50+ offset. I'm still looking/researching myself.

WSCC_Sue
05-23-2011, 10:21 PM
I need help interpreting the rules please, so that I know which helmet to bring for the Picton weekend.

Rules say:

A Snell 2000M or newer M-rated helmet is acceptable, provided the car is not equipped with a roll cage or racing slicks. Helmets meeting the following FIA standards are also approved.
Snell 2000 SA or 2005 SA

....Participants are advised that helmets meeting Snell standards will be accepted up until:
2000M, SA Until 2011

So are the 2000 SA helmets outdated now or not? :-?

My original autocross helmet is a Snell 2000 SA but if it's not good then I'll bring my 2005M.

Thanks!

Sue :-)

AndrewR
05-24-2011, 09:43 AM
Sue,

We follow FIA's rules, so 2000 is fine :)

Andrew