PDA

View Full Version : Fallout of the recession - watch your speed

DouglasM
04-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Not that we should be surprised that various governments would look at stricter enforcement of road laws, especially speeding, as it is an easy money grab.

USA Today - Speeding 'cushion' dwindle due to recession (http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-03-30-speeding-cushion_N.htm)

I took a road trip to Columbus, OH a few weekends back. Several people gave "warnings" about staying within 5 mph of the speed limits in NY, PA and OH. Doing that made the rainy drive last longer, but I beat the EPA's old, more lenient figure of 26 mpg (US) highway for the LGT, getting 28. I wonder how much of that was from 0% ethanol content in the 91 octane US-bought fuel?

I figure we all have better things to do than give more of our hard-earned money to any level or jurisdiction of government, and ours on this side of the border are probably thinking of ways to raise more non-tax revenue as well:idea:

v7wrc
04-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Not suprised.

On the side note, US fuel seems so much better especially in 93-94 octane variety then our 94 Sunoco. My v8 Ej207 can bearly run stock boost, with 94 octane.

Sir-knight
04-03-2010, 06:10 PM
come to ottawa... it's an extra form of taxation here cause the city likes to blow all the tax income on infrastructure projects then pay cancellation fees when they break the contracts.