PDA

View Full Version : Female Problem (on seatbelt)

isopropyl_z24
04-01-2010, 11:11 PM
The good is I use my seatbelt. The bad I think I might have used it too much. Today 2 out of 3 times I didn't know if it was going to let me out. When I push on the female part to release it don't push it out no more. You have to wiggle the male part and pull to get it off now. So I'm thinking that she may need to be replaced soon. I thought at one point, somewhere I saw there was a lifetime warranty on Subaru seat belts, or maybe I was dreaming. I'll try lube in the morning. Maybe she is dry like everything else on the car.

Anyway if you have the female part for the drivers seatbelt and don't need it I will give her a good home and get much use out of her.

Navigator
04-02-2010, 07:40 AM
That the best wanted add I have ever read.

AndrewR
04-02-2010, 09:18 AM
Pretty sure I have a spare female or two around here, 02 wrx seats too. They may be different though, all of them seem to need different males.

STeveD
04-02-2010, 10:35 AM
I really thought we were going to have to tell you where the seatbelt height adjuster was. ;-)

Maybe start with a bit of silicone spray in the latch.

Cavemanrjc
04-02-2010, 11:45 AM
I recommended dry graphite but she sad whats dry lube good for.

wrxR176
04-03-2010, 09:18 AM
I think i have lots of female seatbelt parts too. I am going to Orillia on Sunday so we can meet up. i will check for sure today