PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Advanced Driving Clinic - April 24 and 25 2010

JoeT
04-02-2010, 11:15 PM
2010 Advanced Driving Clinic, Presented by SPDA and Toyo Tires.

Day 1 & 2 Sold Out!

http://spda-online.ca/uploads/forums/55_4bbbb23508d42.jpg

April 24 & 25th Powerade Centre Brampton Ontario

DAY 1 - 30 Spots
DAY 2 - 50 Spots -

SPDA Announces the 2010 Advanced Driving School, all are welcome

Registration Process!!
Please follow the instructions below, it will help the registration process go smoother throughout the day on Sunday April 11th 2010.

Note: Registration opens at 1:00 PM sharp. Any registrations recieved prior to 1:00 will need to be re-submitted. If you're paying remotely, please ensure that your computer time indicates 1:00 Eastern Daylight Time prior to hitting "send".

This will be updated throughout the day.

Click here to see if you're on the list:

Live Registration Process:
If you're attending the Open House at CSC Racing in Newmarket, please plan to arrive around 12:30 and be in the registration line at least 5 minutes before 1:00 PM.

CSC Racing:
125A Harry Walker Parkway
Newmarket, Ontario
L3Y7B3

905-954-0520

1) Please download and print the .pdf file below, and bring it with you to CSC Racing.

2) Have your cash or cheque ready, on hand, and give it to the associate manning the registration.

3) If you have any questions, please try to locate an SPDA representative prior to the registration, this will assist in moving the lines quicker.

4) Please ensure that your "email address" is crystal clear, otherwise you will not receive any notifications. SPDA uses the email system for updates and notifications for the event.

For Paypal Registrations

Send paypal payment of $100.00 to " treasurer at spda-online.ca ", note if you're only doing Day 1 or Day 2, please send the appropriate funds.

Please include in the Paypal title either:
SPDA Driving Clinic both days
or
SPDA Driving Clinic Day 1 only
or
SPDA Driving Clinic Day 2 only

Upon receipt of your Paypal information, we'll put you on the confirmed list.

Please fill out the attached registration form and bring it with you to the school day.

Thank You

Registration will open at 1:00 Sunday April 5th at the CASC open house or online at www.spda-online.ca.

Click here to download the registration form to your computer. (http://spda-online.ca/modules/newbb/dl_attachment.php?attachid=1270264531&post_id=40698)

Under 18 Years of Age must download this form and have it filled out by their parents, please click here!! (http://www.asncanada.com/2009_Insurance_Documents/ASN_English_Minor_Waiver_09.pdf)

Please note, all minors would require to download and sign the "annual parental waiver form" accompanied by the minor waiver form.

Click me to download the parental concent form. (http://www.asncanada.com/2009_Insurance_Documents/ASN_English_Parental_Consent_Waiver.pdf)

Keep an eye on this post for registration information, registration will open at 1:00 sharp on Sunday April 11th online and live at CSC Racing.

Paypal Payments only for online transactions, and Payment confirmations will secure your spot.

Date: April 24 & 25, 2010
Price: Day 1 - $60.00 (30 Prepaid Students Maximum).
Price: Day 2 - $40.00 (50 Prepaid Participants Maximum).

All participants that pay for and attend both days will recieve a complimentary pass to join SPDA at the worlds longest and fastest Autoslalom in Picton Ontario, yes you heard it right, free entry into the SPDA Provincial event!!

SPDA continues it's tradition of offering first class instruction with a focus on lots of "Hands On" training for a value price. This event is open to all cars. Instruction will be provided by qualified instructors with Regional Series Competition experience. In car instruction will provide the students with narrative, and positive re-inforcement in how to properly negotiate the courses. The 2 day event is intended to be informative and Fun, with focus on "Fun".

Agenda:

Pre-Requisite: All drivers must be Legally Licensed in Canada with a valid drivers licence, Automobiles must belong to the driver, or must have a consent form from the owner to be used for this type of event.

Page 2

Day 1: Advanced Driver Training - Phase 1
9:00 – 3:30

The first day focuses on assisting the driver to get better acquainted with their cars. The exercises being instructed throughout the day will instil confidence in the student and teach the driver about how to exploit the limits of their cars in a safe controlled environment.

Drivers will learn the limits of their daily driver through exercises specifically designed to get the driver and vehicle better acquainted with each other:

Agenda:
(Classroom) (30-45 min)
General overview of principal that will be learned throughout the day.

(In Car Instruction)
Seating Position:
Feet Positions:
Hand Position:
Skidpads: Instruct the student to recognize “Understeer” and “Oversteer”
Figure 8’s: Weight Transfer, Braking Points, Controlled Entry and Exit
Threshold Braking, Braking with ABS
Parallel Slaloms: Transitions
Mock Autocross Course: Reward at the end of the day

Pre-Requisite Day 2: Drivers must have had the basic instruction similar to Day 1, must have participated in other autoslalom schools, or club series competitive Autoslaloms.

Day 2: Advanced Driver Training – Phase 2
(9:00 - 4:00)

Day 2 focuses on increasing the driver confidence through setup techniques. In addition to the lessons learned in Day 1, this day focuses on higher speed ingress and egress techniques. Day 2 focuses on putting to practice all the items learned on Day 1, and will teach the student to look farther ahead, and to plan their course.

Agenda:

Theory Discussion: Q&A about setup truths vs fiction
Course Walk: Teaches the newcomer on how to read the layout of the track
Tire Pressures: Effect of Tire Pressures on driving dynamics
Trail Braking
In Car Instruction: Instructors Provided if required
Autocross Instruction the entire day
Timing equipment will be on the premises but the
event will not be formally timed.

Requirements for Advanced Driving School:
Helmets: Snell 2000 (min)
Water:
Appropriate Clothing: This event occurs outdoors
Umbrella (Rain or Shine)
Closed Shoes: No Sandals please
Food for Lunch: Lots of places to eat nearby
Drivers License:
Automobile Registration:
Positive Mental Attitude: Ready to have the best time of your life with your clothes on.

We have something special in store for you!

mikewolf
04-04-2010, 09:46 PM
I really like this year's poster.

Sir-knight
04-04-2010, 10:35 PM
reminds me of last year's.

JoeT
04-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Funny how that happens eh.. LOL

BryceD
04-05-2010, 08:04 AM
Yeah there's definitely a familiarity to it ;-)

I copy/pasted it to the TSC as well.

Maurizio
04-05-2010, 06:34 PM
I am going to put together a new poster tonight. The last month was a crazy amount of work to put together a portfolio that I had reviewed last Wednesday. I was burnt out to say the least with work, school, and a 40+ page portfolio. I still haven't fully recovered. I will also have a poster for the open house too :-)

v7wrc
04-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Is paypal registration open on April 5 or 11th @ 1pm?

THanks

BryceD
04-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Registration opens April 11 (tomorrow!) at 1pm.

BryceD
04-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Registration opens April 11 (tomorrow!) at 1pm.

JoeT
04-11-2010, 12:05 AM
Registration opens on April 11th at 1:00 sharp.

Paypal Registrations, please send payment to: treasurer at spda-online.ca

Please include in the Paypal title either:
SPDA Driving Clinic both days
or
SPDA Driving Clinic Day 1 only
or
SPDA Driving Clinic Day 2 only

Upon receipt of your Paypal information, we'll put you on the confirmed list.

Please fill out the attached registration form and bring it with you to the school day.

Current Registrations:
Jessica Orjuela
Roberto Vitulano
Jimmy Pitts
Bernie Pitts
Francisco Lourenco
Laura Hunter
Gary Wilder
Jonas jasinskas
Kevin Stockley
Frances Corbett
John DiBattista
Craig Southwick
Brian Yeung
Igor Goubaidouline
Kai-Chun Chang
Matthew Chan
David Dziarmaga
Adrian Kawenka
lawrence Chung
Brock Usborne
Paul Todd
Mike Lock
Brandon Taylor
Paul Dunlop
John Kwok
jeremy Jesseau
Vytas jasinskas
Barry Greenaway
Adrian Tung
Travis Grubb
Andrew Witchell
Mrs. A Witchell Witchell
Saad Arif
Michael Copabianco
Matthew Kirkpatrick
Lazlo Toth
Blair Gibson

SinglemaltWSKY
04-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Hey Joe - I registered my father on the same paypal- he's not on the list - did he make it?

JoeT
04-11-2010, 03:04 PM
PM me your dad's email address.. and his name so I can put him on the list.

Thanks

JoeT
04-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Got it!! Please see updated list.

Thank You

SinglemaltWSKY
04-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Thanks Joe !

JoeT
04-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Only 4 spots left for Day 1, then it's closed. Please expect an email from me this evening to confirm your registration. If you do not receive an email from SPDA, it may mean that I mistyped your email address.

If your name does not appear on the list or you have not received an email by midnight this evenging, please send me a note with the correct email address.

I can be reached at: joet at spda - online dot ca

Thank you

FlashEngineer
04-12-2010, 09:13 AM
Hi I didn't get an email but I am on the list. I emailed you last night but I didn't get a reply, thanks.

JoeT
04-12-2010, 09:49 AM
Hi All,

The confirmation emails were sent out this morning, some came back with mistakes (undeliverable). These were all corrected with a 100 percent sent receipt.

If you have not received your confirmation, please send me a note and I'll correct the email addresses.

Please expect more communications this week.

Thank You