PDA

View Full Version : Which 10 Awesomely Horrible Cars Do You want in your next Forza 3 Pack?

SinglemaltWSKY
04-05-2010, 02:06 PM
I can probably think of a few contenders,

LINK (http://jalopnik.com/5509286/which-10-awesomely-horrible-cars-do-you-want-in-your-next-forzalopnik-pack)

From the post:

1. You think of ten really terrible, yet knock-you-on-yer-tuchus-great motor vehicles that you'd like to race in Forza Motorsport 3.
2. You list those vehicles in a comment on this post.
3. You get ridiculed by the other commenters and get embroiled in a pointless flame war with them. This causes such headaches that I ban everyone in sight.
4. Turn 10 Studios completely ignores this stupid idea.
5. I read your lists and add a bunch of new vehicles to my "gotta own one of these someday" list.
6. PROFIT!!!!

STeveD
04-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Well, Ted challenged me to create Ol' Smokey in Forza. There's nothing of that vintage Legacy in the game, so I used a '08 STi (wagon shape) which can switch to the S207 motor, and then go naturally aspirated.

Unfortunately, it still has 207bhp, so I need the race organizer to put me in a run group that gets 40% hp penalty. We toyed with me just hitting the car in front of me in the first turn to cause engine damage, but I didn't think I'd be able to actually stay with the pack that long.

-Bought the coilovers and jacked them up to max, set the spring rates and dampening to what I believe is real life values.

-Bought the race sway bars so I could thin them out compared to the STi chassi

-Bought the race brakes to drop the braking force to 35%. 100mph to 0mph braking distance: 500+ feet.

-Bought the race transmission and put in the same gear ratios as Smokey's. Unfortunately, I have an 8000 rpm rev limit which is NOWHERE near accurate. I haven't found a work around for that, or how to compensate for the fast shifts vs. Smokey's slushbox.

And finally... I bought some big chrome rims to match my bling bling hub caps.

So that's my suggestion to you... make the best and worst cars you've ever owned and make it a POS track day!

SinglemaltWSKY
04-05-2010, 10:25 PM
OK - now I know I'm not the only one that has tried to recreate POS cars in this game.

I tried to recreate my first car, a Golf MrkIV, CL. 8 valves of fury. Had to use the old rabbit and move down from there. :-)