PDA

View Full Version : June 27th Flamborough Event - registration help

SinglemaltWSKY
06-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Hey all,

Putting on my "newbie" hat again. (does it ever come off?)

Looking on the CASC.on.ca site at the Flamborough Solo 2 Event - #4 in the series
Says it's hosted by WOSCA - I went to the WOSCA site and there's very little information about registration.

I have emailed Marshall - however he has not returned my message, I'm sure he's a busy guy.

Questions:
Do I simply register the morning of the event?
Does my car have to be numbered? If so, how do I initiate this process?
For qualification - I don't care about coming in last (it's going to happen), but I need to know that I'm not towing my car there to get turned away at the gate.

CAR
1997 BMW 328is
Interior stripped out
Stock seats and belts
Street rated rubber - bigger than stock but fits in the wheels wells
ALL ELSE STOCK

All help is welcome - Joe, don't pick on the new guy too much :-P

STeveD
06-02-2010, 03:15 PM
The answers to your first two questions are yes and yes. To get the number, bring a roll of 1" wide painters tape in a contrasting colour to the body of your car. The timer will give you a number the morning of. If you want a special number, talk to mikewolf.

I think that WOSCA had a venue problem though, and this might be postponed. AndrewR should be able to confirm.

SinglemaltWSKY
06-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Postponed? Darn...... It took me weeks to organize a weekend of freedom. :-)

AndrewR
06-02-2010, 04:02 PM
This wosca event will not happen. Wosca has lost the venue.

Odds are event 5 will become event 4, and possibly an additional event in the fall for Wosca

Generally speaking though, you can arrive and drive, as an Spda member, we can class you and assist with registration you just have to be there on time with paperwork filled out.

Hope this helps to clarify

STeveD
06-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Hey, if it's road legal, bring it to the Discover Ontario Road Rally in Woodstock this Saturday!!! That's kind of out your way!

SinglemaltWSKY
06-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Sadly - not currently insured for the road - Woodstock is close for me too. :-(

SinglemaltWSKY
06-02-2010, 04:26 PM
The Steve Plunkett car show is also on this weekend in London. One of the largest collections in North America.
Theme this year is American Graffiti - 6 of the actors from the original film will be in attendance along with the entire cast of cars.