PDA

View Full Version : Cordeiro Report; Keepin' it Green!

andrew1984
06-08-2010, 10:17 PM
For those who didn’t know, I do more than "just race"
Keepin’ it green on and off the track!

A few weeks ago I received a call from a client of ours, asking for me to come down and quote an irrigation job (lawn sprinklers) in Toronto. Taylor, from Dunpar Developments, had mentioned a bit about the site and that they were building a garden in the city. An environmentally sustained garden dedicated to at-risk youth, poverty, and social neglect. I was intrigued, so I made some time that day and headed down to check out the site.

Farm-in-the-Village is PACTs newest urban agriculture initiative taking place in Etobicoke (Toronto). It includes a 14,000 square foot vegetable garden that will provide as much as 10,000 pounds of fresh produce for needy families in the community. I loved it. I love the very idea of it, people coming together and making the city a better place, for today and tomorrow. For this reason, our family at Greenview Irrigation Ltd, decided to support the cause. With the help of friends, family and my trackside sponsors we were able to accumulate enough support to aid the cause.

A personal Thank You to all who helped this come together,

Greenview Irrigation Ltd, greenviewirrigation@rogers.com

www.trackmart.com
www.volkswagenjettacup.com
www.can-alignment.com
www.insidetracknews.com
www.keizerwheels.com
www.malonetuning.com
www.ViON.com
Ynot Sport Shots 434.579.2109

For more information about the PACT group and Farm-in-the-Village www.onevillagecare.com