I told him the car was not right.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVGwNWDjnNs

We will get there may be?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2un4mGXXV8

Made it back to Orillia 8:45pm doing 40-70km/h

Rampant
06-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Sorry to see you had issues.

I was worried about the same thing with mine, but it made it home.

STeveD
06-14-2010, 09:34 AM
That 40-70 km's an hour is hillarious! You know why? TN towing has the contract for Bowmanville / Clarington. EVERY TIME they show up, they tell me there's a problem with an injector on the truck. When I ask why they didn't send the flatbed like I asked for, they respond "No, you don't want the flatbed. We're not allowed to drive out of the city with the flatbed. It doesn't run well." Chatting with the drivers on the way back to Georgetown, you find out that their mechanic is a crack addict who has to use Google to find service procedures on the trucks because they don't pay for shop manuals.

Addendum: It occurs to me that I have FAR too much experience with tow truck calls near Mosport. BTW, Bob's Towing (Robin from the big track) has the Canadian Tire Auto Service contract. I've considered adding to my CAA membership...

dubya_rx
06-14-2010, 09:54 AM
I think I'm at about 50/50 for getting back to Georgetown under my own power from Mosport. Not sure what it is about that place.

miatagirl77
06-14-2010, 09:04 PM
I'm almost scared to ask. What happens if a convertible, say a Miata, were to need towing close to Mosport? Convertibles can't be towed on anything but a flat bed. At least, that's my understanding...

Cavemanrjc
06-14-2010, 09:14 PM
Thank you all for stopping, broken down twice in as many weeks really upsets me, but when i think of the gems that i beat on its no wonder.
Thanks Pete for the tow,

so far i put in a bottle of iron tight in and all seems good. took it for a blast up the hwy and temp stayed at 1/2

And as a head gasket set is $299.95 my cost + bolts and decking i'm extremely happy that the $15.00 bottle of gray goo is working

Time to start looking for a NEW truck I think.
And get the 7 ready for the next event

Fobio
06-15-2010, 10:00 AM
Just wanted to share...

I actually lost my slave cylinder after changing tires...and wouldn't you know it, last person at the track...I pushed the car as close as I could to the gate, but couldn't manage it ver the hump...waved a guy down and he helped me get it out of the gate.

Roadside assitance came and it was...the TN flatbed...driven by the fleet mechanic...he crunched the gears on 30% of the shifts...missed our exit back to Toronto, but he took care of my car...

I don't know how I would've felt if I read this before hand...but oh well, car's back in TO and tow was covered by Mazda Roadside Assistance...

RyanB
06-22-2010, 08:51 PM
  I have lossed my clutch master cylinder once on the inside of corner five at the big track, luckly I put it in first and just pushed the clutch pedal down for the switch and turned the key and off I went drove all the way back to Toronto like that.