PDA

View Full Version : Solosprint Event #5 & School call for volunteers

wrxR176
06-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Hello All

As most of you know SPDA is hosting these events and would like to get some club members out to help or compete. Anytime you could make it out would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JoeT
06-22-2010, 05:08 PM
When is it?

STeveD
06-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Event #5 July 3rd at the DDT.

MIR School on July 4th. We'll need "security", a starter, a clerk or two, etc. I'll resurrect the old thread in a second...

JoeT
06-22-2010, 06:16 PM
90% there on one of the days, mark me down for any of the days.

Thanks

Cavemanrjc
06-22-2010, 07:33 PM
I wish I could, sorry. maybe next time

BryceD
06-23-2010, 08:58 AM
Same here... Long weekend is tough.

kwlsti
06-23-2010, 01:21 PM
I'm going to be a big track racing, sorry

Serge
06-23-2010, 02:01 PM
i'll be at the DDT, put me down for whatever

i'm a maybe for sunday.. something non critical

nissannx
06-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Folks,
Come and volunteer and sign up to drive. There is still room at the big track for students. This price is unbelievable! And this is your SPDA day! Joe, bring your car out onto the big track. You know you want to!

I'll be there both days.

Lloyd
06-24-2010, 12:26 AM
I really wish I could be there.

Navigator
06-24-2010, 07:58 PM
Ill be there.

Navigator
06-24-2010, 07:59 PM
So will Nuwan.

nitrowsb
06-24-2010, 09:02 PM
So no real plans for us so I'll be there both days for whatever!

DouglasM
06-24-2010, 09:29 PM
I have a set of Koni struts on the car. They're set on full soft on the front. The front end sticks and turns in better, but they're not much help with Dalton's roads. And it's not like any of the new sales tax on gasoline is going to go to road work - it's all going into the great melting/disappearing pot called "general revenue".

racecartech
06-27-2010, 08:29 AM
Lloyd, why aren't you there Sunday?

C'mon everyone else! MIR with instruction for $285!!!

The chepest lapping there right now without this day is 395, and you have to have race equivelent experiance for that one.

Come out, experiance MIR with instruction, bring your D D if you have to.
It will be a fun, relaxed day, a chance to experiance Mosport, with someone who will teach you the safe way around.

nissannx
06-27-2010, 01:27 PM
racecartech wrote:
Lloyd, why aren't you there Sunday?

C'mon everyone else! MIR with instruction for $285!!!

The chepest lapping there right now without this day is 395, and you have to have race equivelent experiance for that one.

Come out, experiance MIR with instruction, bring your D D if you have to.
It will be a fun, relaxed day, a chance to experiance Mosport, with someone who will teach you the safe way around.

Scott, the heavy promotion is done. We're full to the gills! No more room at the inn. I don't know about Saturday, but Sunday's hitting the limit.

But Lloyd, get your name in to Pete right now and we'll shoehorn you in!

STeveD
06-27-2010, 03:14 PM
I couldn't find my old thread, so pipe up if you think I've missed something:

July 3rd, Event #5 at the DDT:

Organizer: Paul M
Paul's Lackie or Clerk during the day: Steve D
Floater (Lackie #2), set up Marshalling stations: Nuwan
Registration Assistant (sell club memberships): Ivano
Chief Marshal / Security: Trung D
Heavy truck with Tow Ropes/ Use as Marshal shuttle: ?
Scrutineer(s): Joe Smiley, (Waiting for Confirmation from Cormiers)
Starter: Maurizio
Timbits and Coffee: STeveD
Water mule: STeveD
Bring Cooler #1 for Starter position: Steve D
Bring Cooler #2 for Timing / Clerk station: Paul M
Bring Cooler #3 for back of Grid: Paul M
Photographer: ?

The club will happily buy your lunch at the Mosport Canteen if you volunteer without being a registered competitor.

July 4th, School at MIR:

Organizer, Alligator Lapping Lead: STeveD
Chief Instructor(s): Frank E, Ivano D
Clerks (2): Nuwan, ?
Alligator Lapping tail: ?
Starter: Maurizio
Registration Assistant (sell club memberships/weekend membership): Ivano
Chief Marshal / Security: Trung D
Truck to use as Oil-dry / Sweep shuttle: ?
Cone layout on Saturday night (passing zones, brake, turn in, apex): Scott, Andrew, Dan
Scrutineer(s): (Waiting for Confirmation from Cormiers)
Timbits and Coffee: STeveD
Water mule: STeveD
Bring Cooler #1 for Starter position: Steve D
Bring Cooler #2 for Tower: Paul M
Bring Cooler #3 for Starter position: Paul M
Photographer: Sonia T

The club will happily buy your lunch at the Mosport Canteen if you volunteer without registering a spot. (Alternatively, if you have Mosport school and lapping experience, we'll consider letting you out in a couple of the student sessions.)

STeveD
06-27-2010, 03:34 PM
Things to bring:

Three Coolers with Ice: STeveD, Paul M, Paul M
Waivers, Steward Incident Report Forms, Rulebook: STeveD
Masking Tape for car Numbers / Run Group ID: STeveD
Clear Tape for Posting Event 5 Results: STeveD
Insurance certificate / Permits: STeveD
Caution Tape: Ivano
SPDA Cashbox, Temporary Membership cards: Ivano
Charged Radios: Paul M
Timing Equipment (Saturday): Paul M
Flags: Paul has key to OMSC trailer for 6 sets of flags

If you incur any expenses during the weekend (buying water, ice, caution tape, stickers, whatever) give me the receipts and I will reimburse you.

Thank you again, to everyone who steps up!

wrxR176
06-27-2010, 05:30 PM
Put me down for a cooler and I can pick up some water and soft drinks for the day. I also have a smaller cooler that will be fine for the timing tent since there is not many people up there. I can bring all the water since i have lots of room in the trailer. I will also pick various soft drinks for the dinner as well. I would say 8 cases of water should be good for the weekend.

Flags are in the OMSC trailer I have a key for as well as the cones. You can thank Dave B for letting us use there stuff.

I am also going to pick up some tickets to hand out at registration for the dinner.

Yes i have all the timing equipment and the radios.

Let me know what else i could pick up as well

Maurizio
06-27-2010, 05:37 PM
I'll do start. I have to be out by 4ish on saturday. I have a concert that night.

STeveD
06-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Thanks Paul. Janet usually provides soft drinks for dinner, so I wouldn't worry about that.

24 packs of water are on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart this week for $1.99. RCSS and Metro have cheap 24 and 30 packs as well this week ($2.50 to $3). I have the wagon, so I'm happy to bring stuff. Say, I'll bring 8 cases of water, you bring 8 cases? Anything leftover can go to the August weekend.

STeveD
06-27-2010, 05:52 PM
Thanks Mau!

Oh, one other thing... at 9am on Saturday morning all of the competitors are going to want to practice for one hour, and all of the organizing folks (registrar, timer, etc.) will be sorting our the marshalling stations, etc. So it would be wonderful if we could staff a few marshalling stations.

Ivano, Nuwan, Maurizio and I should be able to cover it for "open practice" from 9 until 10.

nitrowsb
06-27-2010, 06:14 PM
What time do I need to be there?

racecartech
06-27-2010, 06:22 PM
I will be at MIR Sat, I can go set up the cones Sat night after racing as long as someone clears it with Miles.

I will be able to have Andrew C and Darren S help me

Scott

STeveD
06-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Trung, Maurizio: No later than 8:40, please

Ivano (cashbox / registration), Nuwan (Possible scrutineering assistance): 7:30

Paul will be staying overnight at the DDT. I'll arrive with Tim Hortons by 7am.

STeveD
06-27-2010, 06:28 PM
racecartech wrote:
I will be at MIR Sat, I can go set up the cones Sat night after racing as long as someone clears it with Miles.

I will be able to have Andrew C and Darren S help me

I'm not sure that we can have you do that, Scott. I don't think that we can trust you to remember to lay out braking cones.

;-)

Seriously, I'd really appreciate if you, Andrew and Darren can do that. Please mark the passing zones with Double Cones side by side to start and finish the zone. I will give Myles a heads-up, but as long as it's after 5pm, you're in a vehicle off the racing line with flashers on, not exceeding 2nd gear, travelling RACE direction (NOT counter-race; he hates that), and you're laying out cones, I'm sure you'll be okay.

wrxR176
06-27-2010, 10:43 PM
I will be moving to the big track for the sleep over. Probably gonna have a fire too

racecartech
06-27-2010, 11:57 PM
Stephen, no problem, the passing cones are easy.

braking cones just for turn 5, right? No one will brake anywhere else after the school! he he he

nissannx
06-28-2010, 06:32 AM
I'll be there Saturday night too. i'll make sure that Scott puts out braking cones! Unlike Scott, I brake to show my non-SPDA Carbotech sponsors that I value their support.

If I let you use my RV fridge for storing medication and stuff that needs to be kept cold, will I be able to submit a receipt for it? Heading to Scott's at Stayner Travel Trailer to get an RV fridge installed. Excellent price and service will undoubtedly be second to none, but it'll still be more than the combined price of my Hoosier R6's and Toyo R1R Tires that I picked up from Howard at Talon Tire this year! And my tires are wearing nicely due to the alignment that I have from Scott at Can-Alignment that has gained me seconds going around the track. Power gets to the ground thanks to Frank and Patrick at Bully clutch.

Hopefully the guys at Inside Track are taking notice and writing about us.

wrxR176
07-02-2010, 08:47 AM