PDA

View Full Version : SoloSprint Organizer Needed for August 21 and 22 SPDA Events

STeveD
06-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Hi Folks!

So it turns out that I am committed elsewhere on August 21, so the club needs to look for an official organizer for that day. It will be a lapping day at MIR. You will get free entry if you're the organizer, and yes, you can get some lapping in if you've handled all your organizer duties. There's good club support and organization before the event, so it should be an easy day. We're probably looking at 50 slots at $325 a piece. So, two run groups, 3.5 hours of lapping for each group. Or we could do 3 run groups for fewer people on the track at 25 minutes per session with the last hour or so open lapping.

Sunday August 22nd is Event #6 of the Ontario SoloSprint Championship. Paul will have already organized one event and received organizer's points for it (equal to your second best event of the year.) This is good strategy for any SPDA member with a car that underperforms at MIR to use to further their championship goals. I can be there for this one to assist with the day (if work doesn't creep up.) Paul and other club members will be there as well, probably working as a timer.

Probably the most important part of this weekend is working with the good folks at Agincourt Autohaus who sponsor the weekend to make sure that they're happy.

If you're interested in either day, please contact me or Paul.

wrxR176
06-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Steve

I can do the lapping day and I nominate Serge or Frank for the event day.

Come on guys step up and help out. You know that it will be a smooth event because of out club support

STeveD
06-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Okay, Paul has the 21st. Anyone want the 22nd?

nissannx
06-28-2010, 06:52 PM
Shudder - if I organize I don't get to drive!

STeveD
06-28-2010, 09:25 PM
You get to drive if the day is going well, but your times don't count in your class. They're supposed to count towards the club score, though.

wrxR176
06-28-2010, 10:45 PM
Frank if you organize then I will put other people timing the event so I will be available to help you out if you are on the track. Plus Steve will be there if we need him too.

Go for it I know you can do it.

Navigator
06-28-2010, 11:23 PM
I dont have the time to organize but, Frank you take lead roll and I will be there the day of to take care of most of your duties. You can compete.

STeveD
06-29-2010, 06:37 AM
Oh, and you'd get a refund for that event if you've already paid for it. ;-) That buys Katie more tires.

nissannx
06-29-2010, 06:54 AM
Whoa, not fair. 5 against 1.

I've got to talk to my better half before I make a decision like this. I've kept the chief instructor bit under the radar but cannot do that twice in a row.

nissannx
07-23-2010, 04:59 AM
Sorry for not updating this.

I've agreed to organize and am looking forward to this opportunity. I appreciate the offers to help out - I'll need it. I'm looking forward to the event but, even more, seeing a great team in action!

STeveD
07-23-2010, 07:55 AM
I gave you guys copies of the supp regs, and emergency plans right? I have to check on the insurance, I think they haven't been paid so they haven't given me the certificate.

MMS were booked for both days with 13 marshals each day. We can supply a starter marshal.

E1 Medical is booked both days.

Robin will be there both days.

nissannx
07-23-2010, 09:55 AM
Email sent.
Yes, you've sent several files.