PDA

View Full Version : 2011 STi Sedan or 5-Door; Which one are they going to race?

LaszloT
08-12-2010, 08:20 AM
I still like the big-wing sedan, but which is the better body style for WRC racing?

JoeT
08-12-2010, 09:16 AM
The hatch probably gives them more options for suspension layout. Traditionally Prodrive will rip out the stock multi link suspension and adapt their strut type of gear in the back of the GR's. Putting it in the sedan will prove a bit difficult as they have to change mounting points and they need the room to do so.

Not impossible, but they already have the rear setup developed for the hatch.

oldguy
08-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Imagine - Prodrive replaced the rear coil and shock multi-link with struts ?

And almost NOBODY in the USA or Canada is racing a 'serious' GR chassis in wheel-to-wheel or Redline, etc...

Hmmm...

HELLO SUBARU... HELLO... HELLO...

ANYONE LISTENING ?

~~~

Forgive me, but I'm old, grumpy and partial to the GD chassis.

And bananas. And butterflies.

SajBT36
08-12-2010, 02:15 PM
The sedan does it for me I must say, from a purely aesthetic and traditionalist point of view.

Wins the angle of the dangle contest for sure.

JoeT
08-12-2010, 02:30 PM
I personally like the look of the sedan myself, though if it were given to me, I'd take either one.

AndrewR
08-12-2010, 02:37 PM
I think they both look too chunky in the ass. I prefer the weight watchers 2010 model, sedan of course.

In person I may change my mind.

LaszloT
08-12-2010, 04:29 PM
When I saw the advertisment on Youtube entitled "2011 Subaru WRX STI Sedan Attacks the 'Ring'", I fell in love. The new STi sedan rocks!
The 5-door's just fine, but I'd definitely get the big-wing sedan next if I have both options.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5i7Y78c0-Y