PDA

View Full Version : Detailed G2X data analysis report from ATTS TOUGE 2010

Guillermo
08-13-2010, 11:40 PM
G2X data acquisition analysis of Andrew & Guillermo driving Andrew's WRX on DDT during the ATTS Touge on July 31, 2010. This is my first full data acquisition report so all feedback such as comments, suggestions and criticisms are welcomed.
See the attached PDF file for a full report.

dubya_rx
08-14-2010, 10:11 AM
Segment 1-2: (See Figure 3) It appears that Guillermo got delayed by a slower car for a few seconds
before he was able to pass.

Looks more like a GPS issue to me. Can you plot #satellites there? Or else your foot is heavier than Andrew's. :-)

I sometimes see that issue due to the trees along the side of the track.

Haven't read the rest. :-)

Guillermo
08-15-2010, 01:43 AM
Your right!
In Section 4-5: It was using 8 satellites then went to 6 satellites during the "constant" speed section at about 700 meter area. Then jumped to 9 satellites when the car is shown to accelerate a lot. In the speed graph area shown as constant speed the longitudinal GPS Gs don't match the Longitudinal accelerometer Gs. Therefore the reduction in GPS signal increased the position error.

But at about the 765 meter area there is another speed area shown as constant speed in the graph. And in this area the accelerometer Gs does show zero acceleration which matches the longitudinal GPS Gs of zero even though the satellite count reduces down to 4 only during this constant speed section.

I'll update the report with that info, thanks for the tip.
Now I have another thing to consider and a reason to compare the accelerameter data with the GPS data.