PDA

View Full Version : WRX Beer Car End links thing

isopropyl_z24
08-29-2010, 10:23 PM

STeveD
08-29-2010, 10:59 PM
Swaybar endlinks? Do you have an upgraded swaybar? Mike was going through stock ones quickly when he had big Cobb bars with dinky stock springs.

The Group-A ones are fine... Copies of a Whiteline design with a boot over it. Obviously, Whiteline as well if they"re the newer style with a solid aluminum body instead of the bent rod style.

MikeV
08-30-2010, 07:26 AM
I don't think that they're making Group A end links anymore. Kart Boy is also another option. I have KB in the front and Group A in the rear.

AndrewR
08-30-2010, 09:51 AM
I just installed my golden whitelines this weekend, mmm. golden.

nocturn
08-30-2010, 01:03 PM
my bar is the colour of rust now, but my whiteline endlinks are still holding up 5+ years easy. not so shiny but still golden too.

STeveD
08-30-2010, 06:14 PM
S-Wire style, or booted dogbone, guys?

AndrewR
08-30-2010, 06:41 PM
http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail.php?part_number=KLC26http://www.whiteline.com.au/images/products/KLC26.jpg

AndrewR
08-30-2010, 06:43 PM
Tashko has a set on the rear of the legacy too.

STeveD
08-30-2010, 07:29 PM
Okay, those are the good Whitelines that I was referring to. I forgot that it was the C-shaped WRX one anyway. The S-wire style was only make for the STi or fronts I think.

Cavemanrjc
08-30-2010, 11:02 PM
Jenn has the booted ball socked type.
sockets wear out. as all late model stuff dose.
I change more end links then anything else.
its a poor design. what was wrong with the rod and bushings?

The other style is on the rear, they were holding up last time i looked at it.

STeveD
08-31-2010, 09:08 AM
I can't find a photo of the old Whiteline style anymore. They discontinued it, I think because of too much flex. The bolt/bushing style that Pete showed above is good. Obviously, Jenn won't want a Perrin open heim joint style for winter driving the WRX.

Kartboy, Whiteline new dogbone style... all good.

http://www.pasmag.com/plugins/content/mavikthumbnails/thumbnails/333x250-images-stories-36PPonline-RedRanger-Whiteline-Images-KLC32-3_th.jpg

Again, does Jenn have an upgraded bar with stock springs that's popping these end links?

Cavemanrjc
09-01-2010, 01:06 AM
All O.E. suspension even O.E. struts still.
Energy suspension poly bushing every point in the front

thats all the help i can give as i am no longer the servicing tech.

good luck

Cavemanrjc
09-01-2010, 01:07 AM
All O.E. suspension even O.E. struts still.
Energy suspension poly bushing every point in the front

thats all the help i can give as i am no longer the servicing tech.

good luck

STeveD
09-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Since you're not competing in the Subie anymore, you can remove the swaybars completely. Good for suspension articulation in the snow. I would go the whole winter with no front sway bar on the STi. No rear feels okay too... just have to check how your car likes it.

isopropyl_z24
09-02-2010, 10:40 PM
By "articulation" you are talking body roll?

isopropyl_z24
09-07-2010, 10:04 PM
OK so I went a picked up the new part and it is diffrent a has a grease fitting now.

STeveD
09-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Sorry, missed your question. I mean that it lets the wheels follow imperfect road surfaces better with the tension of the swaybar holding it up... generally this means more droop travel (wheels drop easier and faster)

I've never seen them with grease fittings! Cool. As you probably know... don't overpack them, just a small amount of grease, and if you feel resistance stop. Watch the boot to make sure it's not expanding.

Hopefully they look just like your old links, just with nipples.

isopropyl_z24
09-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Befor I left I laid on the ground at the parts store and they look like they will fit just the same but with nipples ;) Will let ya know later tonight.

Cavemanrjc
09-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Well despite my earlier post

New MOOG piece is of a metal gusher design, non sealed boots. and grease fittings

Unlike O.E. being a sealed synthetic barring type
you can grease these as much as you want, the worst you'll do is push out any dirt and make a mess of the shop floor :)

Ill post P/N once i know for sure it fits