PDA

View Full Version : Road race vids

racecartech
09-08-2010, 11:28 PM
Labour Day GT Sprints rain races from roof cam.

Me driving #257 BMW GT4 class

I was on slicks in both races

http://www.vimeo.com/14727565

http://www.vimeo.com/14748383

Enjoy

DougPhillips
09-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Hey, I missed you. Well I saw you then missed you. LOL

racecartech
09-09-2010, 08:34 PM
The only way you seem to be able to get by me is when I am practicing donuts.

nissannx
09-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Doug,
How's the car running?

STeveD
09-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Great wet-line instruction videos, Scott!

Note that when his line is not restricted by traffic he:

Searches for the driest tarmac where possible
Brakes offline then keeps the loaded tires off the concrete in turn 1
Keeps both sides off the concrete in turn 2
Stays out of the puddles at the normal track out of 2 and 3
Stays off the concrete in 3
Enters turn 4 from the middle of the bridge
Stays extra wide in 5A so he's not on braking rubber
Cuts across the concrete in 5B to spend as little time on it as possible, gets the Bimmer straight and GO
Keeps the loaded tires off the concrete in 8, 9, 10

Now... my questions after watching one of the videos are.... why were you so late behind the pack at the start of the race?

What are your dry times in that Bimmer?

Who's the uhmm... "gentleman" in the red hatch (RX7?) #65 who can't find a gear in 5, then pinches you on the exit of 5C when he clearly should not be considering you competition? Hopefully his race license went on probation for that brilliance.

It looks like there is only one brakelight on the yellow Frirebird? Same with the purple Porsche? This passes CASC-OR tech for a rain (reduced visibility) race?

STeveD
09-09-2010, 11:40 PM
Race #2... forget everything I said about you demonstrating a good wet race line. :-( Bad instructor!!! ;-)

Good race though! Yeah, what the hell was with that start? Did they get penalized finishing positions?

racecartech
09-10-2010, 12:46 PM
This was my first race in the Bimmer, my first time with it on a wet track. The first race was getting to know the car and being conservative. I also took time to trust the tires.

I strarted 32nd and finished 5th in class & 7th overall

Second race, nice eh??

Perry has not yet been penalized for that jump, not sure if he will.
The jump was one thing but when he got to 1 he missed a shift, the appeared check up made me check up then I got to do the the donut.

In the 1 dry race I was running 36and low 37's dicing with 1st - 4th
I finished 2nd in the dry race. Unfortunatly no video for that one

Lloyd
09-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Scott, if I'm going to follow your turn 1 wet line, I think I'm going to need more rear spring in the Prelude. I know driver matters as well, but I haven't even been able to get the car to turn 180* around at the apex, much less 360*!

:)

racecartech
09-10-2010, 08:23 PM
180's are easy, just lift or brake where you shouldn't, the car will go around. the 360's however take practice to get right, and MIR is not the place to learn!
Shannonville- Nelson t-4, Fabi t-6 are good spots to practice this skill. A downshift and opposite wheel inputs are nessassry to complete the spin.
This skill has for sure saved me from the wall on more than 1 occation, and I can't thank my original instructors enough for thier time.

racecartech
09-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Photos to come, but I won KOTH at Flamborough Sppedway tonight.