PDA

View Full Version : Killer B Oil Pan

STeveD
09-09-2010, 07:53 AM
Having it in my hands, it's a really nice piece. Thick flange on the mounting surface, good welds, REALLY thick oil dipstick tube. A 1/2" NPT port for gauges, 5.3qts at the normal fill level (1 quart over stock) with more area at the top to probably add a full extra quart.

My old pan that Fourstar modified had 7qts, but would not accomodate twinscroll headers.

P.S.: Don't let Moroso fool you. The Moroso Steel pan doesn't fit Full Race headers.

kwlsti
09-09-2010, 01:57 PM
i don't think Moroso tries to fool people, i worked with guy building the oil pan, and Full race with the headers. both companies know they don't work with each other at all. :-)

STeveD
09-09-2010, 07:48 PM
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1897324&highlight=rallysportdirect+moroso+oil+pan

Doug Vine from Moroso was swearing up and down that the new steel pan would fit.

Rallysport Direct said it had been tested and it fit.

Silly me, trusting reputable companies.

Geoff told me they never tested the steel one, only the aluminum, and that's where the warning on their website comes from.

Edit: Kudos to the Rallysport Direct folks. They already rescinded their claim that it fits Full-Race in the thread and on their website.