PDA

View Full Version : Harness install

valheru
09-16-2010, 02:39 PM
To anchor the shoulder straps in my 05 Impreza wagon, I was thinking of building a rear "strut bar" and wrap the webbing on the tubing.

The strut bar would be constructed as per the cage requirement s specified in the CASC rule book; 1.5" O.D. with .120" thick wall ERW tubing with a 3/16" base plate and replacing the bolts of the rear top hats with 3/8" grade 5 bolts.

Would this install pass the technical inspection for Solo2, solosprint and lapping?

Any input on how to do it differently?

Thanks

Robin
09-16-2010, 02:49 PM
i don't think you can use 5-6 pt belts without a proper roll bar.... for the track.... solo2 is probably fine.,

DougPhillips
09-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Nope, no harness in solo 2 without rollover protection either.

STeveD
09-16-2010, 04:45 PM
What year is your Impreza?

Buy a Schroth Quick Fit Pro with the DOT certification for the IMpreza.

http://www.schrothracing.com/store/Tuning/quick-fit-pro/qfp-wrx

Cavemanrjc
09-16-2010, 07:54 PM
Must have roll over protection for shoulder straps!

if you do flip over and the roof crushes you cant lay out to avoid with a harness. ware as you can with a 3 point.

I have only my lap belt in my car that i run with the O.E. shoulder belt.

See Scott at Can Alignment he makes very well fitting cages & roll over bars that would have a harness bar on it so you could wrap the webbing around the bar.

Yes the Schroth racing harness might be DOT approved
but from the mouth of an OPP officer as well as a MTO officer there not allowed for street use. for 2 reasons, 1: no roll over bars and 2: to difficult to remove you from car as the fire dept is not properly trained to extricate you from them.

yes i know 1 lever and pop your out but that's what they said when i asked.

Hope that helps